G/L help

If we use the misc charge on the line on the PO, it will not go to the correct g/l account. If it is done at the header misc charge it will go to the correct g/l account. Also, on the sales end, if it is done on the line, it will be correct.

Is the a configuration we need to modify to make sure the correct account is being charged?

Thanks,

Ken

Are they applying the same misc code to the Header and a Line when this happens?

Yes they are.

I believe that is the issue, you cannot have the same misc charge on the header and line. If they try it without the header charge, does the line post correctly?

Technically, PO’s don’t post anything. They do however feed the Receipts and AP Invoicing.

I know that a Header charge on a Sales order, creates a Misc charge to line 1 (actually the first Invoice line for that Order) of the AR Invoice.

Does AP invoicing do something similar?

And is the AP Invoice for more than one PO?

I just heard back from the finance person. They gave me a bit more details.

When the misc charge is added to the header it work.

When the mise charge is added to the line the charge goes to price variance.

We don’t have mise charges on the header and line, usually it is one or the other.

Is your desire that the misc line charge is treated as if it was part of the cost of the line item? Such that the misc charges go to the acct setup under the misc charge code?

Do you have GL controls setup?

Correct we are adding the misc charge to the line so it is included in the line part costs. Yes so the charge goes to the account in the setup. The desire is for the charge to go to the Tooling/Shipping/Stencil accounts vs privce variance.

I believe we have GL controls setup, how can I confirm?

Open the Misc Code in its maintenance form. There shoukd be a GL Controls tab.

One misc charge that is coming over as Price Variance Account.
Is this the form?

Select the list tab to show all the contexts

Each will have its own GL account assigned.

which list tab? GL Control or Misc. Charge Maintenance

Account -> List

Here’s a sample for prod group

It’s possible the GL Control has only a single Acct Context.

1 Like

There is only one account in both of the lists.

My eyes are a little weary but it looks like you have the Sales Misc Charge selected and not the Purchasing Misc charge?

1 Like

You might be onto something. How do I select the correct one? I tried but I couldn’t.

Are you opening the Purchasing Terms? From there - just right-click the control and open with GL Control Code Entry - This will get you to the correct place

1 Like

@knash - Open Misc Charges from
Materials -> Purchasing -> Setup -> Misc Charges

The window should be titled like:

Screenshot_20180927-211307

One of those stupid times that two different programs have the same menu name (like Invoice Entry, which depends on if it’s the one in AR menu or the AP menu)

1 Like

ok I am there. Remember that things work on the PO header level not the line level. Is that even another set of rules?

everything is going to price variance though. hmm