Form customization - Users can't see

I made some minor customization to Opportunity/Quote form by adding a combobox. I added to Menu maintenance by navigating to Main Menu–>Sales Management–>Quote Management–>General Operations. Clicked on Opportunity/Quote. Under the customization drop down, I added my customized program. Saved.

When I go and open Opportunity/Quote, I can see my customization. However, a few users can’t see it. I even copied the same permission for a user and created a dummy account. That dummy account can see it. Anyone know what permission I may be missing? Why some users cannot see the customization?

Hi! First, can you confirm your users are going through the menu, and not using their “Recent” list? It’s my understanding that if they use their “Recent” list they could be opening up the old form.

there are two different menus. Did you get both of them?

1 Like

I think I’ve had situations before where users have had personalization’s for a particular menu item I’ve had to delete for the new customization to show up for them. That might be the problem you’re experiencing!

Couple of ideas for you –

– The Client only checks for Customization updates the first time per Client session that the form is opened
– Open the Form and go to Help, About and then click the System Info button. On the Software Environment Tab you can see the “Process ID” - really the Menu ID - and you can also view the Customization Layers and the Customization Name. Are they what you expect?

It’s a hit and miss in E10, not sure why. But if your user goes to C:\ProgramData\Epicor and clears his cache it will show up. I started naming my Customizations XXX_SomeName_18.5.8 (with version number) which seems to force it to show up, however they lose Personalizations then I think.

Agree with hasokeric,
There are multiple conditions that can lead to customization not showing or even crashing.

• A user personalisation assigned against base or previous customisation
  • The home screen (at least in 10.1.600) keeps playing up, need to delete an recreate favorites
  • Clear Client Cache sometimes helps, but seeing lately that somehow it regurgitates the old settings, deleting the program data folder usually helps, hard if you are on managed services as us.
  • Use the Personalisation Purge function seem to work cleaner than clear client cache.
    Anyone on 10.2 and can tell if the new GUI solves these issues or at least works better?

And the most missed item is the updating the context menu, in case you create a new menu entry. I found it easiest to do your default customs against the base menu id and rather create a new menu id for the base version for troubleshooting. This way you don’t need to rejig all context menus.

1 Like

Thank you for all the ideas. I will check and validate.