Finance - Invoice Partial Receipt Qty

Hello,

I just recently found out that our Finance department has been asking our Receiving Department in particular to either modify their Receipts or their POs to match the Invoicing that comes through.

So, for example:

-A single PO line was created for a Qty of 3
-All 3 items were Received on one Receipt Line
-An Invoice comes into Finance for only 1 of the items (For some strange reason)
-Our Finance department has been tracking down the person who created the Receipt or PO and tells them they have to separate out either the Receipt line or the PO line to match their Invoices

I don’t understand the world of Finance but this seems ridiculous to me and a lot of wasted time making changes to Receipts or POs to match the irrational Invoicing that can occur.

I would think there would be a way that you could Invoice a partial quantity on a Receipt line. Can someone please tell me if is possible and explain to me how we can do this? I think if we can help our Finance department understand how this can be done, it will save a ton of time and hassle making changes to already received and approved POs.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide to us with this!
-Heather

2 Likes

I wanted to report that I talked to an Epicor Consultant and he told me about new funtionality in Epicor 10 that Allows Multiple Invoicing of Receipts. But you have to activate this functionality by checking the Company Configuration - Modules - Finance - Accounts Payable - Allow Multiple Invoicing of Receipts checkbox.

We are still testing this but I think it is the answer that we were looking for. I just wanted to post this in case it would help someone else spend less time modifying Receipts and POs to match their Invoicing.

1 Like

Hi,

It depends what release of Epicor 10 you are on, Epicor introduced some functionality where you can flag the line as the final invoice, this is ticked by default. If you uncheck it, it allows you to create another invoice for the receipt line.

final%20invoice

1 Like

We use this a lot and it works well. I will add that in our case, even if you check the box in company setup the final invoice checkbox will still default to true during invoice entry. Meaning, even if you pay a partial receipt and don’t uncheck this checkbox it will still close the receipt short. Maybe this has changed in a future version but you need to keep an eye on this checkbox.

Ross

2 Likes

Heather,

Just have AP create the partial invoice for the receipt and uncheck the FINAL INVOICE checkbox on the invoice detail tab and you should be good to go. The remaining receipt will wait out there for the next invoice.

You don’t have to jump the invoice/receiving hoops you are mentioning.

Ross

1 Like

Thank you guys so much for the information on this Final Invoice checkbox! I will pass this along to our Finance team. Who knew it was that easy!? So what would be the benefit of checking the “Allow Multiple Invoicing of Receipts” checkbox in Company Configuration if the Final Invoice checkbox can allow for that anyways?

I found this in the Help:

From my understanding of their testing, I think our Finance Department was extremely happy when the Manual GRNI Clearing tolerance fields opened up because I think they were having to do some extra manupulation to fix those in the GL? So I think we will keep the Allow Multiple Invoicing of Receipts checkbox checked AND keep an eye on that Final Invoice checkbox.

Thank you guys again for all of the helpful comments and information!

1 Like

Thanks @ERPSysAdmin - just got asked about this and found this quickly thanks to you!

1 Like

That’s wonderful! Thank you so much for the comment! I’m glad this was helpful to you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very Welcome!

1 Like

For anyone else who finds this very helpful post. The “Allow Multiple Invoicing of Receipts” enables the “Final Invoice” field to be used. Otherwise it is grayed out :grinning:

1 Like

If you, like me, dislike that the “Final Invoice” box defaults to true on partial invoices, please vote for this idea:

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KNTC-I-2306

Just ran into this today. The mistake was five months ago but we just now caught it. Small $$ (this time) but still frustrating.

1 Like

Is there a way to fix the invoice when the payment is made?
I have an invoice that is partially invoice but Final invoice is checked.
I cannot create cancellation invoice.
when I try to do correction invoice, Final Invoice check box isn’t opened up.

Yes, you can fix it, but you need go into the database - RcvDtl - and set to Invoiced=False.

I am looking at creating a BPM to default the Final Invoice to false if the invoice quantity is less than the unvoiced quantity. That’s the way it should be!

Jason - I checked, and that idea does not currently exist. So, I added it again. We’ll see.

@JevonJoseph Yes, I see that - it “expired” after no activity. I can still see it but no one else can. I attached here a PDF print of the original idea.

So… I don’t see your idea on the portal. What is the number?

AP Final Invoice box should NOT be true _ Epicor Kinetic Ideas.pdf|attachment (251.6 KB)

Hi Jason - thanks for the response.

Here is my new idea link… (# KIN-I-3773)

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-3773

Patricia responded that the behaviour is different from what I assumed, and I responded back that I think my assumptions are correct. We’ll see.

Expired ideas should not be hidden - that is silly, and a waste of time.

I agree 100% with your suggestion, and that is why I have resubmitted it with my own wording.

Cheers,
Jevon

That one is hidden too for some reason.
Or did you delete it?

Thanks for the head-up. It looks like the portal is “private”, so viewing is restricted to some users only.

Here is a copy of the submission:

AP Invoice: “Final Invoice” checkbox on Line should default to False for partial invoices, to avoid lockout from invoicing Private

In AP Invoice, the “Final Invoice” checkbox always defaults to True.

However, when the current invoice only invoices part of the received quantity, the user usually does not think to turn off that checkbox.

Then, when the final invoice does arrive, they cannot do invoicing of the remaining received quantity (requires turning off “Invoiced” in receipt detail line).

If the invoice is not invoicing the whole receipt quantity, the Final Invoice checkbox should default to False.

I received a reply saying it works fine if the “Allow multiple invoicing of receipts” checkbox is turned on, but I am disputing that.