File repository

Just a suggestion, I am wondering if it would be possible to incorporate ProjectSend as a link into the site http://www.projectsend.org. We could use this to duplicate files from yahoo groups along with creating a central repository for files that users could share. It might be a bit off the mark for it’s intended purpose, but a useful way to get those files.

Simon

We’ve discussed this in the past @Hally, the issue is that file repositories (like we had in yahoo) are not that useful because they lack context.
With the current setup if you create a post and attach a file to said post the file relates to the context of the post and it makes it much more useful.
The the site search being as good as it is I don’t necessarily see a reason to have a file repository that is separate from the standard posts. Though I may be wrong.

I agree and understand, but I was thinking of it from a community/sharing location. You know when the question comes up, “Has anyone built a… For XYZ”.

I would slightly disagree about the search. While it is very helpful, it returns a lot of posts that not helpful and can be tough to wade through it all. It’s really helpful if you are looking for a specific post that you remember, but not as much when you are trying to see if something is out there that you haven’t come across, because you don’t always know exactly what you are looking for.

I think the repository would be helpful, especially for newcomers, however I would guess it would take a lot of work to get it properly organized to make it useful (this is necessary because like Jose said, their isn’t any context). Probably more work than is expected by a free site run by volunteers. My 2 cents anyways.

1 Like