ExtendedProperties problem

Hello all,

I have set the extended properties of QuoteDtl.CheckBox05 and CheckBox06 to ReadOnly on form load. I have code written that when CheckBox04 is checked, it is supposed to set CheckBox05 and CheckBox ReadOnly to false but it is not working…

Here’s a part of my code. The checking of CheckBox06 works just fine…

edvQuoteDtl.dataView.Table.Columns["CheckBox05"].ExtendedProperties["ReadOnly"] = false;
edvQuoteDtl.dataView.Table.Columns["CheckBox06"].ExtendedProperties["ReadOnly"] = false;
args.Row["CheckBox05"] = false;
args.Row["CheckBox06"] = true;

Thanks,
Chris

I would recommend row rules for this instead.

1 Like

Jason,

I don’t see where I can do this as a row rule especially being toggled by a checkbox?

In your Customization Dialog use the Rule Wizard. Once you setup the rules they will be re-evaluated as Notifications are sent when values change. In the Application help you can find more info on how to use it. But if you are a developer, its pretty straight forward.

Rich sums it ups pretty good:

In the Epicor Client, the data controls the UI elements and the Epi-Controls respond to the Extended Properties “metadata” defining both a column and a cell. You do not color a control, you color the data; You do not disable a control, you disable the data. We do this so that any control displaying the data - individual field, Grid, or control added via Customization - will display and managed the data in the same way.

Use Row Rules and the UI will behave as you expect.
– Rich from Epicor