Extended User Defined Table Maintenance

Hi there,
I frankly can’t believe I’m posting here again still about this topic. I sure hope when we’re live on E10 we come to love the way that the UD fields are now! For now however :frowning:

How do I create a new _UD table to make UD fields for it? See screenshot. Reading instructions I expect to pick a table that is in system to make the UD fields for. As you can see the only ones that exist are the _UD ones that occurred from Upgrade 905702 to E10.1.500.15. I need UD fields in RcvDtl.
I cannot select “new” table and type in… it makes me search this list of already existing, per screenshot. Am I missing something silly?

Thanks!
Nancy

You got to click New first on the Actions Menu
New -> Pick Table

2 Likes

Did you click on New Table to begin?

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

Capstone Alliance Partners 888.597.2227 Ext. 71
<888.597.2227%20Ext.%20714>2 | 904.412.6847 mwagner@capstoneap.com (cell)
| www.capstoneap.com

1 Like

It works! Actions is disabled in this version. However, I clicked around in that actions area then selected New Table; originally I wasn’t seeing the search list including the base tables, only _UD tables, but now I’m seeing them.

I don’t really think that clicking around actions made the difference… but I’m not sure. Perhaps I wasn’t paying attention and was getting the list with the base tables via new table and I was assuming it wasn’t the required list. Either the interface is wonky or i am :slight_smile:

Regardless, now I’m getting the full list of tables. Thanks guys!
Nancy

Its not from the Actions menu its by clicking on File/New Table

Mark Wagner
Sr. Partner

Capstone Alliance Partners 888.597.2227 Ext. 71
<888.597.2227%20Ext.%20714>2 | 904.412.6847 mwagner@capstoneap.com (cell)
| www.capstoneap.com

1 Like

The naming is a little bit goofy but it follows the rest of the UI so here goes…

You select File / New Table to select a new table to add UD fields to.
If you have added UD fields to a table you can search for the table with the UD fields…

It is consistent with the rest of the navigation of the UI but does make you stop and scratch your head for sec.

2 Likes

Why is the Actions menu disabled? I’m on version 10.1.400.13 and can’t sync any changed due to the Actions button being grayed out…

In 10.1 you no longer need to. just regen the data model

1 Like

Oh that makes sense…

Thank you!