EWA really slow - 15 seconds for job tracker to load

I was really excited to start playing around with the web client(EWA), but my first thought is this is way to slow I can’t recommend anyone use this. As an example it consistently takes 15 seconds for the job tracker form to load, before I can even type a job # in. I’m assuming it’s not this slow for everyone, probably something specific to our configuration. Any pointers on where to start looking, or is it possible it really is this slow?

1 Like

Even on good hardware it’s pretty slow. What’s the resource utilization like on your server?

Hardware utilization looks OK. I’ve been told EWA is clunky and slow by others. I was also told it’s slow as there is no caching and it’s not out of the ordinary it takes 15 seconds for the Job Tracker form to load before we can enter a job. It sounds crazy to me they would even release something with this bad of performance(I can’t imagine anyone could use it), but I’m hearing this from a reliable source…

1 Like

They aren’t wrong… it’s clunky. It’s in need of a refresh.

How fast is the smart client for you? It probably takes 30 seconds to open Job tracker the first time and 15 after that for me, and that’s the smart client and not EWA. Crappy UI performance has seemed to be a pervasive issue for Epicor to me.

I’m hoping their Kentic efforts pay of and aren’t just the same awful experience with a new look.

Just used a stopwatch and it was roughly 5-6 seconds to load Job Tracker.

If helpful my point of reference / expectations are based on websites that transfer orders of magnitude more data(e.g. Youtube) and there is virtually no delay. Taking 15 seconds to load a couple megabytes of data doesn’t seem reasonable to me by today’s standards…

Oh yes, its completely unacceptable for something you are expected to shell out lots of cash for. My point was I don’t think its an abnormal experience to have, and there likely isn’t a whole lot you can do to fix it. “Its in need of a refresh” is probably the most polite thing that can be said.