Epicor users in Contract Manufacturing environments?

I'm interested in discussing opportunities in that arena... We are a contract heavy equipment fabricator (classic high mix-low volume) make to order environment, with some engineered to order products as well. Running 8.03.409a just starting out on a migration to 9.05 (go live by perspectives..maybe)

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-0590
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clive
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:43 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor users in Contract Manufacturing environments ?

I currently work for a contract electronics manufacturer where we're using Vantage 8, and moving to Epicor 9.05 soon, and this particular business model is presenting all sorts of challenges.

Overall use of the ERP software is average to poor, and we can see the areas where major improvement is required, but contract manufacturing doesn't always seem to be a good fit with the logic behind Epicor's software.

So, I'd welcome the chance to discuss a few things with any others out there in Epicor land who are contract manufacturers. Maybe you've already dealt with issues similar to those that we have, or still have them, and we could bounce a few ideas around in the group or over e-mail ?.

In the event that I do get any replies I'll be upfront over e-mail with who my employer is just in case there's a conflict of interest.

Thanks.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I currently work for a contract electronics manufacturer where we're using Vantage 8, and moving to Epicor 9.05 soon, and this particular business model is presenting all sorts of challenges.

Overall use of the ERP software is average to poor, and we can see the areas where major improvement is required, but contract manufacturing doesn't always seem to be a good fit with the logic behind Epicor's software.

So, I'd welcome the chance to discuss a few things with any others out there in Epicor land who are contract manufacturers. Maybe you've already dealt with issues similar to those that we have, or still have them, and we could bounce a few ideas around in the group or over e-mail ?.

In the event that I do get any replies I'll be upfront over e-mail with who my employer is just in case there's a conflict of interest.

Thanks.