Epicor trying to log me in as a different user

Hello,
I have this problem for the second time and I don’t know how to fix it. I think I know how to recreate it anyway so maybe someone will help.

I have client installed on terminal server and on the same terminal server I have a mapped network drive where I have access to the deployment folder of Epicor. To connect to that mapped drive I am using different account than to the terminal.

What steps I made to recreate the problem.

1. Connect to terminal server as user X and start epicor (it will log you in using SSO)
  2. Go to solution workbench and pick anything to install
  3. In the deployment patch take that mapped network drive. It asks for credentials for user Y
  4. Click Remember me (that’s the place I suppose something bad happening)
  5. Finish installation and exit solution workbench
  6. Exit epicor.

From now on when I am opening epicor client on this terminal server it tries to log me in as user Y (the same I was using to connect network drive). It seems that it remembered somehow the wrong user. Of course there is no such user in epicor and I don’t want it to be there.

When I open the client but on different terminal server it just works normally. Taking windows user and logging me in using SSO.

Any Ideas what would help?

After a while admin suggested to remove credentials in Windows Credentials manager and it started to working again!

The way around might be to set Basic Authentication mode in sysconfig file on terminal and login with password to the client each time.
Then you will have mapped network drive password remembered in Credential manager without breaking epicor.

What a great admin! :rofl: