Epicor Scheduling Basic Questions

Hey all, could use your input! I am just starting to play with scheduling in our system, and I am wondering how some of you handle it. Here is our situation:

We are a job shop: Low volume, High mix. I am not looking to schedule months in advance, but for 1 week at a time. On a given operation, we could have 1 operator work on it one day, another the next, and so on. Our schedule changes daily. I can figure out how to do a basic schedule for 1 week at a time, but here are some of the questions I have:

(1) Is there a good way to see a schedule of the machines, and the operator assigned to them for a time period?
(2) When I schedule an operation to an operator, it schedules the full length of the operation. Can I partition it out to say that he is only going to produce x amount of pieces, or schedule him for a certain portion of time?
(3) Do any of you print reports to hand to supervisors to show them expected work for operators in their department? I know there is the work Queue, but I also am looking for a printed report to the supervisor.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi Nick,

While we are still plenty far from using scheduling as we should, we have had it working in our test lab area fairly well however. I’m sure others out there have more experience, but here’s a few thoughts that might help you.

1. To see schedule of the machines we have found Multi Resource Scheduling board to be very useful. We also place both the technician requirement and the machine requirement on the operation. See screenshot of the multi resource scheduling board example.
  2. I do not know how to do what you need here at all.
  3. We use priority dispatch report to provide daily printout to shop floor of work.

Nancy