Epicor ERP 10.0.700.4 reports printing issue

When attempting to ‘print,’ ‘print preview’ or ‘generate only’ for any report, the message ‘report submitted…’ appears at the bottom of the window and nothing happens. A report job never makes it to the print queue (we verified that the printer is working correctly). When we look in System Monitor, we see the following error. We think we’ve granted the proper permissions on the applicable database, we’ve verified database health, we verified the schema ‘dbo’ exists, and we checked the Epicor logging within Windows Event Viewer. At this point, we are not sure what configuration to check in the Epicor application server settings or the DB configuration.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: The specified schema name “dbo” either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Ice.Core.RptBase.SqlTableBuilder.BuildTable(SqlConnection connection, String tableName, IEnumerable1 columns, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) at Ice.Core.RptBase.SqlTableBuilder.BuildTable(SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder1.BuildSchemaAndWriteData(SqlConnection connection, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated)
at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder1.GenerateSqlObjectsProcessReportAndRemoveSqlObjects(SqlConnection connection) at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder1.XMLClose()
at Erp.Internal.GL.GlBook.RunProcess(Int32 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName)
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask()
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.RunTask(Int32 ipTaskNum)

It would be a database connection issue. The specified schema name “dbo” either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

Based on that error, I figured it would be a DB connectivity issue, but I don’t know which database connection strings I should check. I am able to successfully test the Database Connection and SSRS Configuration within the Application Server properties.

Does everyone using it have the correct access? You are using SSRS reports. Are you using WC?

We are not using WC. All users are experiencing the issue. I have been troubleshooting with a user account that has all permissions in Epicor and has the dbo role on the database. It is an Active Directory account, if that matters.

Within the server web.config file it should be a connection string specific for ReportData/SSRS.

And I believe the user with permissions should be the one used for the server Aplication Pool, check IIS to see which user/system account is used and grant access to that.

1 Like