Epicor 9 Configurator

We have been using configurators for a pretty long time and we have about 50 configurators Live in the production system. You have to be real careful in how you want to use these configurators as if they are not designed properly then they might create problems. These are tricky.
Â
Thanks,
Doma Reddy.

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:02 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 9 Configurator

Â

Our Company has the configurator module from Epicor. I have only used it very lightly so far, but from what I can tell it seems pretty nice. There is a lot of work on the back end to set it up for each part that you will have. You will need to create a manufactured part and a BOM for the manufactured part. Then you will need to create a configuration for it. It does an ok job of walking you through what you need to do but it can be confusing if you aren't familiar with it. It seems really power and has worked well in the limited use i have had on it.

--- In mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com, Al DeWitt <adewitt@...> wrote:
>
> My company is looking to get real world information on the Epicor 9 Configurator from a user perspective. If your company is using it currently we would love to dialog with you.
>
> We are current a current configurator user on a Epicor legacy product and are in the software selection phase of replacing that system. The configurator is a major tool in our business so we want to thoroughly analyze each vendor's offering.
>
> If you are willing to be of help send me an e-mail offline to adewitt at stylmark dot com (to hopefully thwart the bots).
>
> Thanks for reading this.
>
> Albert DeWitt, CPIM
> Sr. Programmer Analyst
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
My company is looking to get real world information on the Epicor 9 Configurator from a user perspective. If your company is using it currently we would love to dialog with you.

We are current a current configurator user on a Epicor legacy product and are in the software selection phase of replacing that system. The configurator is a major tool in our business so we want to thoroughly analyze each vendor's offering.

If you are willing to be of help send me an e-mail offline to adewitt at stylmark dot com (to hopefully thwart the bots).

Thanks for reading this.

Albert DeWitt, CPIM
Sr. Programmer Analyst

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Our Company has the configurator module from Epicor. I have only used it very lightly so far, but from what I can tell it seems pretty nice. There is a lot of work on the back end to set it up for each part that you will have. You will need to create a manufactured part and a BOM for the manufactured part. Then you will need to create a configuration for it. It does an ok job of walking you through what you need to do but it can be confusing if you aren't familiar with it. It seems really power and has worked well in the limited use i have had on it.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Al DeWitt <adewitt@...> wrote:
>
> My company is looking to get real world information on the Epicor 9 Configurator from a user perspective. If your company is using it currently we would love to dialog with you.
>
> We are current a current configurator user on a Epicor legacy product and are in the software selection phase of replacing that system. The configurator is a major tool in our business so we want to thoroughly analyze each vendor's offering.
>
> If you are willing to be of help send me an e-mail offline to adewitt at stylmark dot com (to hopefully thwart the bots).
>
> Thanks for reading this.
>
> Albert DeWitt, CPIM
> Sr. Programmer Analyst
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>