EMWW Custom UD Fields

I am trying to display a UD field in MtlQueue but it is not working even after following the documentation.

Tag: @pphillips, @KatieBoorer

Result:

Is this approach no longer supported?

Hi Jose,

Funnily enough, I had a similar issue… I was speaking to Biscit this morning - only read only fields can be added to the material queue - this is because when you process a transaction from the Material Queue they use temporary datasets (IssueReturn in this instance) rather than the material queue directly.

To get a custom field to appear in the the material queue list, they advised setting the type to ‘list’ rather than ‘text’ on the Emw_col1_type_c field (this applies to any list view that you need the field to appear in).

Generally, if you needed a custom field to appear in both the list view and form view of the data, you would need to add it as a set of custom fields in Epicor twice - once as a ‘list’ type, and once as a ‘text’ type.

Hope that helps!

Penny

2 Likes

Hi Penny thanks for that! I’ll give it a shot.

Question in their documentation they have UD_ in front of the field name… is that necessary?
Or is the below setup okay?

Should that be UD_XRefPartNum_c or just XRefPartNum_c

Never mind looks like you don’t need the UD_ also… since its an initial value once you set it up you have to go and update all the records…

My thought would be that that is whatever you have called your field (XRefPartNum_c in your example)… I still need to test with the UD field, as the info I have was hot off the press this morning, so would be interested to hear how you get on!

It worked

1 Like

@hkeric.wci

Did you ask if he did the data regen? :wink:

he did…

1 Like

I was more concerned if you did a IIS Recycle :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are in the midst of implementing EMWW soon and have a couple uses for custom fields. Where is the documentation for adding these? Looked in all the normal spots but didn’t see anything for MW.

It’s in EpicCare

1 Like

Thank You Jose! Tracked it down, I had been looking in Epicweb.