Employee Tracker - Unable to pull information

Our new vista user are unable to pull information out of the "Employee Tracker."

When a new user that has "Security Manager" and "Payroll Manager" selected, they click search and it returns temp employees, but no other employees.

Our security is fairly generic. I have went and checked Menu level security, Process group security, and Table security.

Where else should I look?

--sf
We're on Vantage, not Vista, but you can check a couple of things we have to have set up correctly to be able to see all employees. One thing to check would be the payroll class. With Vantage, you have to be authorized for the payroll class of the employees that are being pulled. Providing Vista is set up the same, I think that's most likely your problem. Another thing that can cause that problem in Vantage, a Vantage user has to be authorized for the company and plant to pull the info. I don't think that's it in your case, if I remember correctly that's one reason we went with Vantage, we needed multi-plant, multi-company capabilities, don't think Vista has that. Hope this helps!

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "sanfranc415" wrote:

Our new vista user are unable to pull information out of the "Employee Tracker."

When a new user that has "Security Manager" and "Payroll Manager" selected, they click search and it returns temp employees, but no other employees.

Our security is fairly generic. I have went and checked Menu level security, Process group security, and Table security.

Where else should I look?

--sf