EdgeAgent Defaults

Is there anyway to set defaults for the print screen just before it is submitted to the agent. Specifically we need to set the page size.

Configure a printer in Printer Maintenance. You can set your page size parameters.

The users will use Network Printer rather than Client Printer.

If the printer is on the desk and connected via USB then i would personally let the printer do the work by setting printer defaults.

I have thought about that but the issue is this isn’t for all reports its only for the ones that are landscape because they don’t print right through the browser. I would need to put logic in if landscape checked set page size to x

Could you not configure two printers?

Epicor Printer Maintenance

• PR1-LANDSCAPE

Print Server

• PR1-LANDSCAPE (a clone of the same printer but with landscape settings)

Epicor Printer Maintenance

• PR1-PORTRAIT

Print Server

• PR1-PORTRAIT (a clone of the same printer but with portrait settings)

The user would then choose based on their requirements.

The task I am assigned is to do this automatically because the traveler would print hundreds of pages if the user doesn’t remember to change it

Matt,
We are new to Kinetic and going through implementation right now. I just started testing printing, and ran into a similar issue you were describing. If I print the landscape based traveler via the browser using the Edge Agent and client printing, the paper comes out landscape, but the printout is actually portrait and shrunk down. The PDF preview works correctly, as does printing via the Kinetic Client, but using the browser and edge agent does not. Is this a known limitation of Edge Agent Client printing, or is there a way around this issue?