EDD Calculated Field

Anyone know how to add a calculated field to EDD? Need to get a percent of. According to their guide you can add said field. But I don’t see how.

I thought all of the EDD fields had to be calculated in the BAQ? You can look at all of the zHomepage BAQ’s to see how @bconner built them all.

1 Like

That may be the case. The EDD documentation isn’t very clear.

Do you think I should do the totaling and calculations in the BAQ then?Rather than totaling in EDD.

For sure if you are just displaying the data. If they need to slice and dice the data then you would need EDD to handle some calculations. Is there a reason you are using EDD instead of Bezlio for your dashboards though?

To be able to add it as a KPI to Active Homepage.

I always embedded the website using the URL. You can do the same thing with PowerBI dashboards as well.

I was looking at Power BI but couldn’t get around requiring a logon. The tile would just show the Power BI login. How did you do it with Power BI?

I had always shared the report as a public report. For example, here is one from the PowerBI Gallery.

For security and compliance reasons I can’t have them Public. I tried the embed option into an internal site but it required a login too.

Sounds like you have the best solution for sure! You can run a PowerBI Server on prem but you need the PowerBI Premium license which starts at $5k per month.

To your point earlier. We are using Bezlio for KPIs in some areas. In this case though we need them on the homepage in E10. I think the best bet is to work at the BAQ and get that into EDD.

I’m hoping that some day Epicor will add some more features to EDD. For example calculated fields.

For EDD, calculations should be setup up in the source BAQ. EDD is shy on functionality. If you want to perform calculations the more robust EDA application is what you want. Syncs ERP 10 data to cloud.
Epicor’s EDA has much more BI functionality…

We ended up going with a 3rd party tool and are not using EDD for any advanced things. There are better tools out there than EDD/EDA.

So what did you pick?