E9 to E10 Migration: BAQ Migration

Thanks Todd.
That was helpful. It confirmed so of what I’m seeing.

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 37 Shuman Ave | Stoughton | Ma | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:6fcd79.png@5c3c0644.4fa4f394]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: E9 to E10 Migration: BAQ Migration

When I did the DMT training last week I recall something that sounded like in one of the conversion processes the UD fields from tables would get moved to their new UD Table home but a view would be created that simulates their old table thus allowing BAQs and such to continue to function even with the fields elsewhere, with perhaps just a minor table name change to the view version. Sorry I did not pay a lot of attention to that part since we are not converting, just importing basic tables via DMT. Sorry about such thin info but might be a direction to look if I totally did not misunderstand what I was hearing.

-Todd C.

Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:41 PM
Subject: [Vantage] E9 to E10 Migration: BAQ Migration

Hi All,

So I ran step 800 (Migrates BAQ tables) for the E9 Progress to E10 SQL Migration.

In prior steps, it looks like user defined fields have been moved out of the tables an into their own tables.
In the log for step 800, I see a lot of entries that are similar to:
Field 'Number16' is not found in table 'OrderHed' and dropped from BAQ [Company: MATS, QueryID: 'MATS-OrderHed_CreditHold']

Does this mean that I will need to go back into these BAQs in E10 and add the new corresponding UD table and then add these fields back?

jrojas@...<mailto:jrojas@...> | www.matsinc.com<http://www.matsinc.com>

[cid:16b3f3.png@6c155473.44ab9bd8]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hi All,

So I ran step 800 (Migrates BAQ tables) for the E9 Progress to E10 SQL Migration.

In prior steps, it looks like user defined fields have been moved out of the tables an into their own tables.
Field 'Number16' is not found in table 'OrderHed' and dropped from BAQ [Company: MATS, QueryID: 'MATS-OrderHed_CreditHold']

Does this mean that I will need to go back into these BAQs in E10 and add the new corresponding UD table and then add these fields back?

When I did the DMT training last week I recall something that sounded like in one of the conversion processes the UD fields from tables would get moved to their new UD Table home but a view would be created that simulates their old table thus allowing BAQs and such to continue to function even with the fields elsewhere, with perhaps just a minor table name change to the view version.  Sorry I did not pay a lot of attention to that part since we are not converting, just importing basic tables via DMT.   Sorry about such thin info but might be a direction to look if I totally did not misunderstand what I was hearing.

-Todd C.

Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:41 PM
Subject: [Vantage] E9 to E10 Migration: BAQ Migration

Hi All,