E9: Limit access by tabs

We are about to go full blown field security, but there are some tabs people don’t need.  Thanks for the feedback.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:09 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] E9: Limit access by tabs

Yes, needs to be done via customization.

I check which security group(s) the user is a member of when the form loads and depending on this I hide/show tabs for certain forms.

I think a better route might be field security though, which by the way I happened to find out the other day does not work in 700.3

From: "Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:24 PM
Subject: [Vantage] E9: Limit access by tabs

Can you limit access by the tabs in the forms?  Example Part Entry, I just want a certain group to have access to the Planning Tab.

Miguel A. Santillan

Can you limit access by the tabs in the forms?  Example Part Entry, I just want a certain group to have access to the Planning Tab.

Miguel A. Santillan

Yes, needs to be done via customization.

I check which security group(s) the user is a member of when the form loads and depending on this I hide/show tabs for certain forms.

I think a better route might be field security though, which by the way I happened to find out the other day does not work in 700.3

From: "Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:24 PM
Subject: [Vantage] E9: Limit access by tabs

Miguel A. Santillan