E9: BPM - SalesOrder.CreateOrderFromQuote - Solved

Turns out I didn’t look deep enough.

ttOrderHed contains the order number when working with the Post-Processing directive.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Rojas
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 9:00 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E9: BPM - SalesOrder.CreateOrderFromQuote

Thanks Linda.

I will need to add a BPM when creating a Sales Order from a Quote and I will use your example below.

I also need to add a BPM when creating a Sales Order, that based off a Quote, from Order Entry just to make sure I cover my bases so I’ll keep digging.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Linda Lowney
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 8:51 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E9: BPM - SalesOrder.CreateOrderFromQuote

Hi Joe,

We copy CheckBox05 and Number01 from the quote to the order during Quote.CreateOrder. I added a Post-Processing directive with no conditions. In actions I used the Advanced button to add this code.

The order number is stored as a variable. After pressing the Advanced button you will see some Parameter variables at the top of the screen – the orderNum variable is there.

Linda

/*Add source code that should be executed before the designed actions here*/

{&CALL_DESIGNED_ACTIONS}

/*Add source code that should be executed after the designed actions here*/

for each OrderHed where OrderHed.OrderNum = orderNum,

each OrderDtl where OrderDtl.OrderNum = orderNum,

each QuoteDtl

where (QuoteDtl.Company = OrderDtl.Company and

QuoteDtl.QuoteNum = OrderDtl.QuoteNum and

QuoteDtl.QuoteLine = OrderDtl.QuoteLine)no-lock,

each QuoteHed where (QuoteHed.Company = QuoteDtl.Company and

QuoteHed.QuoteNum = QuoteDtl.QuoteNum) no-lock.

if available OrderHed then do:

Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER OrderHed:HANDLE,'CheckBox05', QuoteHed.CheckBox05).

end.

if available OrderDtl then do:

Run lib\UpdateTableBuffer.p(input BUFFER OrderDtl:HANDLE,'Number01', QuoteDtl.Number01).

end.

End.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Joe Rojas
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 5:03 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] E9: BPM - SalesOrder.CreateOrderFromQuote

Hello,

I am storing information on the Quote Line screen in a UD field that I
need to have copied over to the same UD field of a sales order line when
Sales Order is created off of a quote.

I did a trace and the CreateOrderFromQuote seemed to be the logical
place to create the BPM.

The issue I'm having is trying to figure out how Epicor "knows" what the
new Sales Order number is that gets created. It doesn't seem to be
passed back from this method.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-1264 | fax: 781-341-5694
jrojas@... <mailto:jrojas%40matsinc.com> <mailto:jrojas%40matsinc.com> <mailto:jrojas%40matsinc.com> | www.matsinc.com Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]