E10 sdk

Hi,
I’m wondering if anyone here has any experience with setting up and using the SDK for E10?

We’ve had it since E9 and are finally starting to use it now that we want to essentially build our own module.
Unfortunately the setup documentation and the user guides have good at getting things running but are seriously lacking in the fine detail like getting the folder structure right or adding your own schema to the data model regen.
I’ve managed to figure quite a bit out myself but it’s been damned time consuming. Support doesn’t actually do anything with the SDK other than recommend consulting services. We did get a consultant from CSG in back when we were on E9 and his recommendation was not to use the SDK and gave us a bunch of ways around it.

How worth it do you think it is posing the questions here?
Does anyone have some better resources I might be able to use to work through some of the issues I’ve been having?

I have no help for you but I wanted to add some weight to this post since I hope to have my hands on the SDK someday.

Hi Erik,

Here I have good experience in sdk development. But before you use this you should analyze pro and cons of it. Let me if you need any help on this.

Regards,
Surendra Pal

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the input. We’ve already gone through the pros and cons of using it. The decision whether or not we’re going to use the SDK is already done. We are going to move forward with it.

Right now the setup to get everything moving has been the biggest headache. Things like generating the services or adding new schema to the data model are mostly working. The steps are mostly there but when things don’t work right the resources to resolve them are sparse at best.

Erik please reach out to me and I will get you in-touch with our SDK technical writers - your feedback is important for us to make this easier.

1 Like