E10 Saving External Fields

Hi there,
We are trying to add some fields to a dashboard but they are external and cannot be chosen in the BAQ. I am trying to see if there is a way to save External fields in Epicor (Quote Worksheet, QuoteQty table to be exact). At the moment I am saving the external fields onto a UD field whenever a user made changes to the QuoteQty table, but I am wondering if there is a more effective way to do this.

Also, since this only allows saving to the UD fields when the quote is open, in order to update previous quotes we have to go through them, reopen > make a change > close quote to trigger the BPM and save those external values.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Elvin

What do you mean by external fields? If they are in a different database an external BAQ can be used to view them.

If you need to update UD fields that are locked by the business object you can use a custom method on a updatable BAQ to update the field directly without going through the business object.
This post has an example code of updating without a business object. (Always go through the business object when updating standard fields)

1 Like

Here is what I meant by External field (see picture). I dont know if it is a field that is either calculated in real time or is saved in another table, but i couldn’t find it in the database. In this case it is supposed to be in the QuoteQty table but there are no fields called PriceBurProfit.

It’s probably calculated by the business object and doesn’t exist in the DB. There is often a field that is very close in the DB. I would find the relevant calculation in based on the other fields. There is also the chance that it’s a patch field. They were very common in E9, but not as common in E10. The patch fields are stored in a table named something like Ice.PatchField.

1 Like

It is calculated for each quantity break on a quote, so it is a result of other fields. TotalBurCost + Markup/Profit What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
We did some work with quoting in 2012, but went with doing it stand alone. You can change that field by looping thru all of the quoteqty records. I am not sure of the business case to update previous quotes, but that is certainly doable from a baq.

1 Like

I checked Ice.PatchFld and looks like there are only 13 fields in here.
Thanks!

We are trying to make a “quote history” dashboard that will record prices and that way we can compare past numbers on a dashboard and see why there are differences / changes on them. That’s why we want those numbers…

You will have to make calculated fields by quote quantity for those fields, but should not be too hard.

1 Like

Yes I agree, but then I found out that the burden, material and subcontract fields are all calculated as well. the help said that the fields are in QuoteCst table, but when I query QuoteCst table it is blank.

so far i am thinking of looping through all the quoteqty records as a BPM when the quote is closing.

That will work. Do you have another use for the calculations being stored? I am stingy with ud tables that could be calculated on the fly in a baq.

1 Like