E10 pull as assembly

So we just went live on E10 and I built 5,000 BOMs from scratch based on doing plan as assembly. Our consultant had us change from plan as to pull as last minute(i have a feeling this is his weak point). Now the engineers are upset they have 40 page travelers for one part because they didn’t want a separate job number for each sub assembly. It caused stock counts to go negative and we were missing hundreds of jobs from MRP. Now we turned off MRP and made everything direct and non stock and the jobs came back yet MRP is still running. Would this MRP issue be because of pull as assembly?

so are you looking for a typical indented structure where you build one end part (to stock or make direct to order) and all sub assemblies and lower level manufactured components are built inline with the one top level job (one job number)? Have you setup your assemblies as Pull As Assembly and View as Assembly?

Yes they are set up as pull as and view as currently because they did want one job. We just can not figure out why some jobs do not appear on the planning workbench. And why others would allow counts to go negative. Our only thought is may be it was the way the BOM was set up as Pull as Assembly. It’s almost like it sees stock even though innovatory shows none. But it is not consistent all the time. I read that Plan as uses MRP to create jobs if it sees no stock. Should these settings be changed depending on stock levels?

so, because there are so many parameters and MRP is a complex beast, set your logging levels to verbose and run MRP by one or three of the part numbers you are having issues with and see what those logs are telling you. Verbose logging is really descriptive and you should be able to see why or why it isn’t giving you what you want. It could even be something as simple as the Process MRP check box in the part entry screen. Just a lot going on there…

Thanks! I will give it a shot tomorrow morning.