E10 install issue

I see this error in the log when I attempt to connect to the database from the Server management portion of the Administration Console.  The Database Server Management connects to it fine.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        ServiceModel Audit 4.0.0.0
Date:          7/15/2015 9:48:15 AM
Event ID:      4
Task Category: MessageAuthentication
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      HDCAS22.na.hunting-inc.com
Description:
Message authentication failed.
 Service: net.tcp://hdcas22/DEMO10DB/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc
 Action: Ice:BO:UserFile/UserFileSvcContract/IsPasswordExpired
 ClientIdentity: NA\dero00; S-1-5-21-3938985767-3042139950-3048068970-2170
 ActivityId: <null>
 FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="ServiceModel Audit 4.0.0.0" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49158">4</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-15T14:48:15.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>30889</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>HDCAS22.na.hunting-inc.com</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>net.tcp://hdcas22/DEMO10DB/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc</Data>
    <Data>Ice:BO:UserFile/UserFileSvcContract/IsPasswordExpired</Data>
    <Data>NA\dero00; S-1-5-21-3938985767-3042139950-3048068970-2170</Data>
    <Data>&lt;null&gt;</Data>
    <Data>FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

I am having an issue with the E10 install according to Epicor the ICE app is not getting installed.  They have no idea why.  They had me try reinstalling and still it is not there.  I was wondering if someone had a similar issue since support has pretty much given up.  I had a successful install on a 2008 R2 server and using the same documentation that I made from that install for this 2012 R2 server.  If anyone has any help it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

What are your exact errors? when are they happening?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:57 AM, derek.roberts@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>I am having an issue with the E10 install according to Epicor the ICE app is not getting installed.  They have no idea why.  They had me try reinstalling and still it is not there.  I was wondering if someone had a similar issue since support has pretty much given up.  I had a successful install on a 2008 R2 server and using the same documentation that I made from that install for this 2012 R2 server.  If anyone has any help it would be appreciated.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thanks,</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Derek</span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

The install says it was successful the issue is when I am trying to use the Administration Console to add the Server Management.  It adds the DEMO10DB but when it tries to connect I get the following, when talking to Epicor they saw the Epicor ICE was not in the services on the server.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details. ---> System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.ProcessMessage(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Ice.Contracts.UserFileSvcContract.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

What does eventviewer say?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:38 AM, derek.roberts@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>The install says it was successful the issue is when I am trying to use the Administration Console to add the Server Management.  It adds the DEMO10DB but when it tries to connect I get the following, when talking to Epicor they saw the Epicor ICE was not in the services on the server.</p><p>System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details. ---&gt; System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail. ---&gt; System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.</p><p>   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</p><p><br></p><p>Server stack trace: </p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.ProcessMessage(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message&amp; message)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)</p><p><br></p><p>Exception rethrown at [0]: </p><p>   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)</p><p>   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp; msgData, Int32 type)</p><p>   at Ice.Contracts.UserFileSvcContract.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</p><p>   at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)</p><p>   at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)</p><p>   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)</p><p>   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)<br></p><p></p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-644017447">

Also that error happens sometimes if you have a time Skew difference between DB and WCF server can you make sure your time is set correctly on all your servers compared to your Time Server (usually your DC)

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Jose Gomez <jose@...> wrote:
What does eventviewer say?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:38 AM, derek.roberts@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>The install says it was successful the issue is when I am trying to use the Administration Console to add the Server Management.  It adds the DEMO10DB but when it tries to connect I get the following, when talking to Epicor they saw the Epicor ICE was not in the services on the server.</p><p>System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details. ---&gt; System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail. ---&gt; System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.</p><p>   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</p><p><br></p><p>Server stack trace: </p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.ProcessMessage(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message&amp; message)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)</p><p>   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)</p><p><br></p><p>Exception rethrown at [0]: </p><p>   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)</p><p>   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&amp; msgData, Int32 type)</p><p>   at Ice.Contracts.UserFileSvcContract.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---</p><p>   at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)</p><p>   at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32&amp; graceCount)</p><p>   at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)</p><p>   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)</p><p>   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)<br></p><p></p>

</div><span>

The time is the same is there something in particular to look for in the logs, the Epicor tech. just noticed that the ICE service wasn't even there and gave up after that.
Hmmm yeah not sure it depends on where the error is happening and all that. Look in your eventlog and see what that says? At this point you may have to start clean... Did you make sure to install all the pre-reqs and such?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:37 AM, derek.roberts@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>The time is the same is there something in particular to look for in the logs, the Epicor tech. just noticed that the ICE service wasn&#39;t even there and gave up after that.</p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-863751940">