DMT Import - Part Bin Info

I’m using DMT to migrate from our old maintenance system to Epicor so we can start using the Maintenance Module. The equipment and equipment plan uploads are working fine. However, I’m trying to bring over some inventoried parts that are used by our maintenance team and ran into an issue. I successfully imported to Warehouse Bin and Part. Now, I’m trying to import into Part Bin Info to put the inventory into the bins. Every import line gets one of the two errors below.

2020-01-18T12:05:26 107 PC1-S03 Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.PartImpl.Update(PartDataSet ds)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.PartBinInfoImporter.setValues(ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker, Int32 cur, DataRow dr, PartBinInfoRow row, PartDataSet ds, PartImpl part)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.PartBinInfoImporter.Import(ImportData data, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker)

2020-01-18T12:05:26 107 Maint Table: PartBinInfo Msg: Bin references invalid value.
Bin references invalid value.
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.PartImpl.Update(PartDataSet ds)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.PartBinInfoImporter.setValues(ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker, Int32 cur, DataRow dr, PartBinInfoRow row, PartDataSet ds, PartImpl part)
at Epicor.DMT.Lib.PartBinInfoImporter.Import(ImportData data, ExtendedBackgroundWorker worker)

What’s causing these errors? Am I importing into the correct table? I’ve been fighting this for a few days now without much progress. Any help is appreciated.

PartBin holds the calculated qty’s of part and bin combos. QOH is really controlled by the sum of the PartTran entries.

To get qty’s into bins, use Qty Adjustment in DMT. This will create the ADJ-QTY transactions in the PartTran table, which will populate the PartBin records.

Since Inventory value is usually recorded in a GL account, the Qty Adjustment process will create debits to your inventory account, and credits some other account (usually dictated by the Reason Code selected)

2 Likes

The second part of your DMT error log is just telling you that the Bin doesn’t exist. Ensure that the data you have in WhseCode and BinNum are valid.

A bin will only exist in PartBin when there is non-zero QOH.

When a PartBin’s OnhandQty becomes zero, the PartBin record is deleted.

Hi, Are you looking just to put qty into the bin? PartBinInfo Table is used for other things. If it is just qtys, then use the quantity adjustment template

Good to know about PartBin’s behavior with cleanup. I switched to Quantity Adjustment, and the import went fine. Initial tests look good as well. Thanks for the help!