DMR parts purchased as "Other"

We have raised a PO for two parts and they have been purchased as other as they were originally going to be used as R&D. We have now decided to sell these parts, however because they were purchased as other, we don’t have any record of them in our inventory to be able to sell them.
My initial thought was to DMR the parts out then reissue them on a PO as inventory and ship them that way.
I have opened up Nonconformance and selected “New Other” and I have a transaction ID however it doesn’t seem to go anywhere to let me pick up the PO Num & Line Num? It’s not showing up as an item awaiting inspection processing?
Has anyone dealt with “Other” parts this way before?

Here is what I would have done: Quantity adjusted the parts into inventory. If you need to show an Inspection of the parts, then I would have nonconformed them and processed them through an Inventory nonconformance.

I’ve never used the “Other” nonconformance tab and wouldn’t know why anyone would use it. I’ve asked other Epicor users if they knew what the “Other” tab was for and no one could tell me.

1 Like

To add on to @Beth’s post… The Qty Adj will create GL Trans to your Inventory acct, and the Inventory Adj’s Acct.

Do a JE between the Inv Adj Acct and the Expense account they were originally purchased under (credit Engineering for the cost).

I would create an R&D reason code and link it to the R&D account.

If the part(s) does not exist, create the part(s) and then do a price adjustment to put the cost into the part. If it does exist, validate the part cost. Adjust it if necessary.

Create an inventory adjustment using the new reason code. That will do the GL and inventory in one transaction. No need to do any DMR processing.

Now you have the parts in stock and can sell them with a sales order.

Charlie