Disconnecting from Appserver - E10 Locking User Account Out in Active Directory

Hello Forum,

I am having an issue where a single user is being disconnected from the Epicor Session and it attempts to reconnect until finally an error comes up saying, “The server has rejected the client credentials.” I have contacted Epicor about this issue and they told me it had to do with a “Run As” command that was remembering the credentials of a user different from the user who is launching the Epicor application. Following their recommendations did not solve my issue.

When I go to the event viewer in the windows application logs on the E10 Application server, I find these errors happening every few minutes for a 10 minute duration until finally they stop. When they stop, that user is again able to log into Epicor 10 and continue to work until the next time they are disconnected and the errors arise again in the app logs. The user is never prompted for their credentials during the reconnect process and they are not using single sign on.

Does anyone know what could be causing this disconnect? Any help is much appreciated.

This is the error in the logs:

Transport authentication failed.
Service: net.tcp:“our app server location”/Ice/Lib/SessionMod.svc
ClientIdentity:
ActivityId:
SecurityNegotiationException: The server has rejected the client credentials. —> InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. —> Win32Exception: The logon attempt failed

My users get this on SSO when their password has expired in AD.

1 Like

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it greatly. I have asked the user if she had to change her password recently and she said she has not received a prompt about her password expiring. It seems that this is not the case.

Respectfully,

Utah Taylor

Hello,

After walking through the errors with a network engineer we have seen these two errors time and time again in the windows application log.

Service: net.tcp://(our app server)/EpicorLive10/Ice/Lib/SessionMod.svc

Service: net.tcp://(our app server)/EpicorLive10/Ice/BO/ReportMonitor.svc

Any other ideas as to what is causing this?

This was resolved. There was a network issue with bad logins. This was not due to Epicor.

Hey @utaylor , I realize this was 5 years ago… but do you remember any details on “network issue with bad logins”? I’m seeing what looks to be a similar issue.

Tom, all I know is that someone opened up a port on a person’s computer so they could RDP to it from home.

Someone else was trying to brute force the port and ended up locking the user out of their windows account.

It could be seen in the event viewer on the users computer under the security log and you could see failed attempt after failed attempt with the user’s username.

Then they kept getting disconnected from Epicor because their credentials were invalid.

Are there any mobile apps trying to log in?

1 Like

No mobile apps, just handhelds and clients connecting from terminal and citrix servers in the same datacenter as the database/appserver.

This was one of many curious error messages to show up in Event Viewer. We think IIS blew up somehow. For many users Epicor slowed to a crawl and they weren’t able to print all of the sudden… print jobs would not even show up in the system monitor. Yet, many people were fine with zero issues. No obvious rhyme or reason to explain who had issues and who didn’t.

Customer is going to reboot servers tonight and get with Support in the morning…

1 Like