Deposit invoice vs advanced billing

Hi
We just recently put a customer on prepay. I went to do advanced billing but when I bring in the line it doesn’t populate the quantity or price. All i can do is type the amount in. Is there a way to bring the line in? or should I be doing it another way.
Thanks

I thought you only got one line in invoice entry when you do this. I might be wrong though. My best suggestion is take a look at invoice types in the help and go from there so you understand how the process is meant to work. My apologies if you have already done this.

Try billing with unreceived lines.

I have been at companies that have used both advanced billing and deposit invoices. If your orders change regularly after entry, I would suggest using deposit invoices instead of advanced billing. Deposit invoices are against a sales order. If a customer cancels a line and adds a different line instead you don’t need to worry about reversing out an advanced bill (and potential payment) to move between a void/new line that you would if you used advanced billing. It doesn’t hurt to always use deposit for consistency. You would want to test both methods to make sure your GL postings are setup correctly and see how the transactions flow all the way through shipping, adding freight/taxes, etc.

1 Like