Deploy MES Layer Kinetic browser

What is the correct way to deploy the customization layers for a user accessing from a browser. I have my custom MES uplifted to Kinetic, but testing the deployment by modifying the layer in Menu maintenance for the Menu ID called by default in the browser. I either need to change the Menu ID called in the browser or modify in Menu Maintenance. I suppose I could just put the Menu ID in the URL after the view.

Test2022_1/Apps/Erp/Home/#/view/PR000440

If you copy the menu to the current company, you should be able to set the customization on it.
Downside is if you’re multi-company, you’ll have to add the customization to each menu in each company.

Original

After Copying

That works. Modifying the Menu ID in the URL did not work like I had thought it would.

I thought you no longer had to do that, if you use the Kinetic Menu Maintenance you can now assign a Kinetic Customization and a Classic Customization, eliminating duplicate Menus. This wont show up in the Classic Menu Maintenance

But, like, have you SEEN the new UI menu maint? *shudder*

It beats duplicating Menu’s :slight_smile: or just update it via UBAQ or Maybe we can just add a drop-down and bind it to the new Field that Epicor didnt add to Classic Menu Maintenance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is nice.

Hey can either of you tell me what the official URL is for the browser to get to MES?

https://<yoursever>/<yourappserver>/Apps/ERP/Home/#/home?mode=dc

1 Like

Alright cool, I had gathered that same one from somewhere on the forum, I just wanted to make sure that was the proper way to access it.