Deleting a subcontract operation

We have a job that ends with a subco operation and this is no longer required. We are looking to remove the operation but are getting the following error.

I found the following KB.

However, I do not see any packing slip attached to this job.

Anyone have any insight?

Make sure that no transactions have taken place against that subcontract op. This includes material transactions (stk-mtl), labor transactions, Assembly Transactions (stk-asm) and subcontract transactions (pur-sub). I hope this helps!

Unfortunately the issue is not with transactions on the subcontract op. Advanced Material Management tracks the WIP from operation to operation. When a previous operation has some completed quantity, that WIP quantity “moves” to the next operation, tracked in the PartWip table.

You may have luck manually entering the subcontract Op Sequence in the Move or Adjust WIP screens, even though it isn’t in the list. I have had luck with that in the past.

However, if the part you are making on your job is a Part on the Fly, Move and Adjust WIP also don’t work. You’ll get an error about the part not existing in Warehouse. That’s a separate but related issue.

Good luck

2 Likes

when looking at Move WIP it does show up. I haven’t ever used this before. Do I simply put the previous operation in?

EDIT:
Found a KB on it: KB0037490

The move wip did work as suggested. Thank you.