Date displayed correctly in subreport but not in main report

I am trying to modify the SO Pick List by adding a column to the SOPickL_QtyOnhand subreport. In the subreport dataset I have linked in the PartLot table to pull in the ExpirationDate. When I supply the necessary parameters for the subreport and preview it, the ExpirationDate is displayed as expected; however, when the main rdl is previewed (SOPickL.rdl) it shows all the data in each column correctly, except for the ExpirationDate column. There is shows #error. Since this is a subreport, there is no formatting on the SOPickL.rdl, so I am perplexed.

You sure all those parameters are passed to the sub-report?

for testing, add fields to the sub, to show each parameter.

Yep, all the parameters are being passed correctly.

Does the sub-report use data from generated by the RDD? Or does it have its own query, pulling straight from the DB?

Generated by the RDD.

You don’t accidentally have a default value set for any of the params in the subreport, particularly the GUID.

That is a very good question as I am known to add a default value and forget to revert it back to none, but in this case they are all set to none in the subreport.

Any of them set to allow a null, blank, or multiple values?

No, none of them.

Just this one Order? This one part?

Or on every instance when that that sub-report? shows?

It happens on every instance when the subreport is shown.

Is the field in the sub-report an expression or just the value from the dataset?

Try using an expression to format the date as a string.

For debugging, you could make that expression just do a test for NULL, or extract just the year, etc… to make sure there is valid data when it is processed as a whole report(not just the sub-report)

Calvin:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I ran this report again from within Epicor in order to produce a new GUID in the Ice.SysRptLst to use in SSRS as the old one expired. Once I did this and added the new TableGuid to the report in SSRS, the date started to appear correctly! I have absolutely no idea what changed, but I did not make any changes to the report itself. Perhaps there was some corruption in the prior TableGuid???

At any rate, I appreciate your time and assistance for this issue. It is most appreciated.

1 Like