Data Directive to send an email only works for specific user

email to me only…
Already ruled out external issues?
e.g. SMTP, firewall, anti virus/spam software, etc…
I get a surprise by one of these occasionally.

1 Like

Yup. it’s set. And if it wasn’t wouldn’t that affect normal printing?

If you are seeing that error there is clearly something up… (Assuming the error is recent)
Check that the account setup in the system agent matches that of the system agent configuration … etc.

Bordway - Yes. Email addresses include my corporate one and a personal one. I get them on both. Others get them when I initiate it. But no one gets them when others initiate it.

Kind of sucks that the Event doesn’t include which App generated it as we have 4 Apps running (Our Prod App, Epicor Demo, and two test companies)

I agree with @bordway - lot’s of strange email service related issues can sneak in. For example - if your “From” address isn’t valid - i.e. a lot of email services attempt to block spoofing. Is your test email static (the fields like from, to, etc don’t change)?

Also for the sake of argument? Is this action being performed in the main program or something like MES/Handheld?

I’m using the email/Fax option in the AutoPrint. So all fields are static. They have the same value regardless of who initiates the auto email via the BPM.

Is it possible to share a pic of your autoprint config?

Should you try setting one person to have “allow session impersonation” allowed and then see what happens when that person does something to trigger it?

Here’s my BPM (DataDirective)

ExecCustCode_1 and ExecCustCode_2 just display messages for debugging.
Both I and other users see both of them.

AutoPrint

Auto Print selected options “Report Options” tab

Auto Print selected options “Report Parameters” tab (not shown are :

PrintReportParameters : False
SSRSEnableRouting: False

SSRS Email / Fax setup

Report permissions for the user? I am grasping at straws here.

Also I vaguely remember an issue I had with autoprint and bartender where I HAD to run the task queued (Run Schedule) otherwise I had weird results.

Here’s what I’ve done, and the results…

• Created a user with all rights the same as typical users (Sec Mngr: NO, Allow Imp: NO)

• This test user can send email using the email option in print dialogs (pict below)

• Task Status in the Sys Monitor says COMPLETE, and email was received

• Test user triggers BPM (verified by message boxes), but the Sys Monitor shows the task status of ERROR

• Task Error details:
    Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: User Account is not set to 'Allow Session Impersonation'

• Changed test users acct setting to Allow Imp: YES (Sec Mgr is still NO)

• Closed test users session and re-launched (to make sure changes to user account settings are applied)

• Test user triggers BPM (verified by message boxes), but the Sys Monitor shows the task status of ERROR, with the same details from above

• Changed test users acct setting to Allow Imp: YES , Sec Mgr: YES. Closed test users session and re-launched (to make sure changes to user account settings are applied)

• Test user triggers BPM (verified by message boxes), but the Sys Monitor shows the task status of ERROR, with the same details from above

NOTE: Test user account has a domain and OS ID assigned to it. But it is not an actual AD account.

To make sure this wasn’t an issue, I tried all the above with another user account which is tied to an AD account. And got the same results.

In Task Agent setup in the Epicor Admin Console what is the username for the task agent in the app server you are using and does that user have impersonation rights?

The task agent uses a user created specifically for the System Agent.

In User Acct Maint:
User ID: print
Domain:
Domain User ID:
Allow Session Impersonation: TRUE (checked)

In the System Agent:
System App Server User Name: print
System App Server Password: *****
AutoStart: Checked

In the Task Agent Configuration form the Epicor Admin Console on the App Sever:
UserID: print
password: *****

Any user can email from a Print dialog window (like the “Print Packing Slip/Labels…” shown in post #32 of this thread). But emails generated from a BPM only work for the MANAGER account.

I know this is an old thread, but I was reading through it and I was first wondering if this was ever resolved as I didn’t see any indication that it was.

I also had a thought/question, is the user that is testing using a SSO (Single Sign On) app server and your account is not SSO for testing?
The reason I ask is because we had a terrible time getting Auto Printing to work until we found that Auto Print does not work when the user is using an SSO App Server, never figured out exactly why, but we switched them to non SSO and the Auto Printing works. Like you, if they printed/emailed manually on SSO, it would work, but if through a BPM it wouldn’t.
Just a thought.

1 Like

Well played sir. Thanks for additional info