Customization Oddity--Customer Tracker Opening Wrong Tab

All,

I’ve created a customization to add a dashboard to the financial tab on the Customer Tracker. It works great.

But now when I open the tracker with the customization it opens to the financial tab instead of the customer tab. I’ve tried opening the customer tab before I save the customization, saving the layout with the customer tab showing, etc. It always goes back to the financial tab when opened with the customization.

I look at the properties for the customer dock with base only and with customization, and don’t see a difference other than the size.

Anyone see/solve this before?

Thanks,

Joe

Open it , go to the main tab, Tools Save Layout , go to Tools -> Customization make a small change move a label or something then Save

Thanks, Jose. I tried a number of different changes on the detail tab without success.

Someone suggested a change in the customization to force the focus to the detail tab.

In the form event wizard / load event I entered the following code:

// Add Event Handler Code
EpiBasePanel detailPanel1;
detailPanel1 = (EpiBasePanel)(csm.GetNativeControlReference(“8fd5b1fa-db9e-423c-baca-4656696c859b”));
detailPanel1.Focus();

When it started working I quit fixing. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Joe

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the same thing or not, but when I created muli-tab (multi-query) dashboards, they frequently did not open to the one I wanted. By trial and error, I discovered that when I deployed the dashboard, I had to be on the tab that I wanted to open first. Not sure that it is supposed to work that way but it seems to. There does not appear to be any sort of default view checkbox where I could explicitly indicated to put a certain tab in focus.

This is an FYI for anyone reading this post. I followed Jose’s suggestion in 10.2.400.9 and it wiped out the customizations on the entire form (I am sure it worked before, but this is a two year old post and each version brings new changes and challenges). :slightly_smiling_face:

I did a bit of testing and it happens consistently when I add a Custom Sheet on a sub panel that is a dashboard with subscribe from the main form. Specifically:

1. Start with the Part Entry base form.
  2. Add a UI customizations on the Part Detail panel.
  3. Save the customization.
  4. Relaunch the form to customize it again.
  5. Add a custom sheet to the Part Entry form, as a new tab under the partRevPanel1 sheet.
  6. Use the PartOnHandStatus system dashboard and subscribe Company and PartNum from the form to the dashboard.
  7. Close and reopen the form. The form will open to the Revisions tab. Ensure that the UI customization is there and that the new sheet / dashboard works.
  8. Navigate back to the Part Detail tab and save the layout.
  9. Customize the form and make a small change the UI – move a label or a field a pixel or two.
  10. Save the customization.
  11. Reopen the form and see all of your customizations vanish–back to the base form.

Not sure what is happening here, but I thought it might save someone some frustration.

This is a known issue (a bug) In Epicor in certain versions.
https://www.epiusers.help/t/10-2-400-11-save-layouts-on-customization-deletes-most-controls

The suggestion still works, (if Epicor doesn’t break the code lol)