Customer Price Lists

We are trying to go live on E10, pricing has been an issue. I have a test database with all Customers assigned to a Customer Groups called PC10. I assigned a discount price list to PC10. The price list is designed to give 10% off the Part Master list price for all items in all product groups for any quantity of 1 or more. I set the price lists up by assigning all product groups, with a quantity break of 1 each triggering the 10% discount.

The problem comes in when I want to assign a specific price for one item to a customer. So this customer will receive 10% off all items, so a $1.00 item will be $0.90. But for one particular item I want to assign a flat price of $0.50.

So I set up another price list for this customer, gave it a type of “Unit Price”, and added part Widget1 at $0.50 for any quantity above 1 each. I assigned this Price List to the Customer Master in the “Price List” tab. Now, when I enter an order for this customer and item the price comes up as $0.50, and then a discount of 10% is applied, for a final price of $0.45. This is not what I want, I want the final price to be $0.50.

One thing I tried was to remove the price list from the Customer Master “Price List” tab, change the price list type to “Both”, and then assign it to the customer in the “Discount Price List” tab. But then no discounts whatsoever show up.

What would be the best way to set something like this up?

1 Like

just a SWAG …

Have you tried setting a VERY HIGH QTY BREAK DISCOUNT on the part with the same price.
Like qty 1,000,000 … maybe that will avoid the GROUP discount

Price Lists are like a funnel and the order of how your price lists are added to the customer group or customer master will determine when the price lists finds a match and it should not go onto apply a second price list once it found a match to the first one. Keep in mind the price list on the customer master will be checked before the price list on the customer group. All our price lists are types Both.

We use multiple price lists for both customer groups and individual customers in 9.05.702 and I just tested this scenario quickly in our 10.1.500 test environment and it worked for me.

Try this setup: To your customer master add your Widget1 price list first then add your PC10 price list. This worked for me.

Kristine Fierce
Business Systems Analyst
Ag Leader Technology

We have the same issue. We are moving to Epicor and we are currently at testing phase. Our lowest level of the hierarchy are setup as (1) product groups by customer groups with a discount. The next level up, we set (2) net prices for some parts (these are inclusive in the product groups set at the lowest level), either against customer or customer group. I tested this and the result is the net price from (2) is discounted at (1). I have communicated with Epicare and they confirm that is how E10 works. We are now faced with setting net price for 14,000 parts, at various discounted price depending on customer groups.