Custom .net library import

Hi
Can any body tell me if I can import a custom .net library which I have written into a Epicor functions library as shown below please?

Thanks
Paul

On-premise you would need to put the DLL(s) inside the Server\Assemblies folder to be picked up.
Not sure we would actively support this but can be done technically!

3 Likes

Hi
Thanks for that, I can find the Server folder but not the Assemblies, do I need to create it?

Thanks
Paul

it’s the server folder in wwwroot not the Epicor folder tree.

From bitter experience - this will be something you later regret, however… :smirk:

1 Like

Technically, you can tell your partner if some clothing makes them look bigger - but like adding a dependency to your Epicor system, it’s not really the best idea.

Custom libraries are nice logic bombs for people who have to support this later. Have you considered making this a service which is callable via REST? It would make upgrading the library (and Kinetic) easier in the future.

1 Like

Hi
I have created a REST api, but I have been unable to call it from a form in Application Studio, would you know how I could do it please?

Thanks

I always put mine into Externals and it picks it up. So when I do upgrades it remains. Or I add a second Assemblies Path in the web.config

If you want to add like a 3rd party dll you should make another folder and you can add it via admin console there is a section right above Shared Assemblies (cant grab a sshot now)

I think this is a different topic, can you start a new thread?