Custom field on ShipTo Entry screen

Hi,

I’ve created a custom field on the ShipTo Entry screen. I’m having a hard time to have it display on both Customer Entry screen and Order Entry screen(Creating a new shipto during order entry). Can this be done? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cindy

Yep. First, what table was the UD field created in?

Next what piece of data do you want to use to select it by? CustomerNumber?

Chris,

The UD field is created in ShipTo table. It is a checkbox. When I customized the form, I used EpiBinding to UD field. The problem I have right is that the checkbox is not showing on the screen.

Thanks,

Cindy

the checkbox doesn’t show even if you open the form on developer mode?

I second Fernando’s question.

If you can see it in Developer, but not outside of developer, did you set the default customization in Menu Maintenance? (note that some screens have more than one menu location that has to be set)

Fernando,

I created checkbox in the ShipTo table. Then I customized the Customer Entry screen and added the checkbox on the ShipTo form. This works just fine. But when the customer service rep needs to create a new shipto during order entry, the checkbox is not showing. I know I’m missing something. I just don’t know what I’m missing.

Thanks,

Cindy Suger
Aquascape, Inc.

Hi Cindy,

Did you do what Chris_conn said? From Menu Maintenance select the Menu Item for Customer Entry, the last field on the screen says Customization and select the one that you just created. Do this for all the menu items of Customer Entry that you want to open with this customization

1 Like

Yes, I did.

Clear Client Cache.

Also, remove menu as favorite and re-add.

I have also found that you will need to clear the client cache. This can be done within Epicor, but you can also log out of Epicor and delete the folders C:\ProgramData\Epicor. If it is an On-premise install they will be the *-808 folders,