Crystal Reports Folder location for a Test environment

I just created a new Crystal report in E10 (I know I should use SSRS, but still learning the ropes there)… so anyway I created a Crystal report saved it as a .rpt, however, it saved the report in our E10 Live reports folder rather than the E10Test folder.
Is there a report location setting somewhere in Epicor that will point it to a test folder?
This is the path structure we currently have:
Network > LSIEpicor10 > EpicorData > and here we have
CustomReports
CustomReports - Pilot
CustomReports - Test
Where do we set the path to point to the CustomReports - Test folder?
Any suggestions / help?

Thank you.
Carol

We still use Crystal Reports as well. But, I wouldn’t store them in the Epicor Data directory. We have a separate share where we store all the reports. It’s not even on the Epicor servers. As long as everyone has access to the files you can store them anywhere.

1 Like

Nice suggestion, but it didn’t answer the question …

“Where do we set the path to point to the CustomReports - Test folder?”

When we copy the LIVE db over to TEST we need to also point to the Test reports folder.

Thanks,
Neil

1 Like

You have to add the reports as a menu item in Menu Maintenance. Your menu item would look something like this.

1 Like

What if you want a CR Report Style for an exiting (RDD based) report like Job Traveler?

By default Epicor stores Crystal Reports in the inetpub\wwwroot<AppServer>\Server\reports* directory.

So if you modify a report style you’ll want to put it in there, or the subdirectory \CustomReports.

When you copy the Live DB to Test, also copy
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Production\Server\Reports*
to
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorTest\Server\Reports*

So yes, they are differentiated. I don’t know why Epicor defaulted to the EpicorData folder. EpicorData is the folder where it stores the generated xml data for Crystal Reports.

1 Like

Chadd,
Our program type is BAQ report.

I would open up Crystal developer if I wanted to edit a report in our Live environment and I would use the following:
\lsiepicor9\epicor905\server\reports\customreports (this was our “Live” reports folder)

If I wanted to edit a report from our test environment I would use the following path:
\lsie9sandbox\epicor905\server\reports\customreports (this was our “Test” reports folder)

I really do not want to go into each individual report in the menu and input a report path. That just doesn’t feel like it is the correct way to do this.

We are not using BAQ crystal reports. So we are not using the default Epicor directory.

So an RDD based report (like OrderAck), but with a Report Style that uses a CR report?

No. We use the built-in Epicor reports for anything like that.

We have Crystal Reports for some custom reports we wanted at go-live. We access the dB directly, which I know is not best practice, but was the quickest way to get the reports we needed. Our old ERP used Crystal so SSRS was all new. We have a custom menu with all of our crystal reports. That menu has custom security IDs.

All I did was make a Menu entry as follows:

With the “Report…” field set as

\\usdcaaps00371\EpicorData\CustomReports\e10H-External_CR_Report.rpt

I think the tricky part is knowing the reference for the path.

Edit

I still get a prompt for userid and pw, but leaving them blank and clicking preview yields:

That’s what we did too. Except our reports are not in EpicorData.

I’d think that as long as the location they are stored in is accessible for both the client and the app server, that it should work. May have to play around with making shares, and giving the appropriate access to that location/share

The following also worked:

Because i didn’t make a network share, I had to use the full URL with C$ for the c-drive

\\usdcaaps00371\c$\Custom_CR\e10H-External_CR_Report.rpt

Yea, it works fine. As long as permissions are right. We’ve been running our Crystal reports that way for a few months now. We are working to move them over to SSRS reports with RDDs. But that’s not an easy project.

We have a separate share, on a different server even, that’s just used for Crystal Reports. Access to the folder is controlled and the Crystal Report writers can save and work from there.

I think we’ve been addressing different things …

I think the Original poster wants to know how to have a separate “CustomReports” folder (for crystal based reports) for their Test Environment.

What the OP can do is set the Server Data Directory in System Agent. The following is for our TEST environment.

That way the Report Style entries can still be reports/CustomReports/MyCustCrystalRpt

But the actual RPT file used is in \\appserver\EpicorData_UAT\CustomReports\

Calvin,

Yes I believe that is what we want. Thank you !!!

Carol

Just an FYI - That Server Data Directory setting can affect A LOT. Pretty much anything that is stored in there - which depending on your setup, could include Attachments.