Crystal Report Database Login Window

I have tried the Verify Database, and after I linked the report to the XML file it tells me the database is up-to-date I then save the CR but this has not eliminated the Database Login box that pops up occasionally. The one connection that I mentioned above (to tables and fields from a BAQ) is actually pointing to the XML file generated by the Epicor BAQ. The second connection is pointing to an Excel spreadsheet saved out in a shared directory.

Yes, it is definitely possible that this report is being brought up at the same time by two different users. I guess I could try making my Excel file XML or some other format but I'm afraid that will not work either as I have another report that we are having this same problem with and that report also has a connection to an Epicor BAQ XML file but a second connection to a small Access database. This second report probably also gets brought up at the same time by two different users. We’ve been running these reports since we were on Vantage and CR XI and we’ve not run into this problem before.

We do not have the Save Data with Report option checked on either of these reports.

Could it be that somehow the user’s Epicor session or the Crystal Report is losing its connection to the Excel spreadsheet (or Access database) which is why it has to prompt for a username and password? I’m not sure how to test for that. Since I have been unsuccessful at recreating this issue I have to wait for the users to let me know when it happens again. I will try to do some more testing the next time this happens. Thank you all for responding and for all of your suggestions! If you can think of anything else please let me know! Thank you!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <khilborn@...> wrote:

The other thing to do is to check the Report Options in Crystal Reports and make sure that "Save Data With Report" on the Reporting Tab is not checked. We ran into that issue with a few of our reports and that solved it for us.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <nhoyt111@...> wrote:

We had problems with Excel tie when two users accessed report at same time.  Is it possible that it happens when two users are bringing up report at same time?  Could you make your Excel xml or some other format?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jlisser@...> wrote:

If this is a custom report, then go into the report, verify database and save it.  Otherwise you may have to Generate XML in Epicor (if a BAQ report), then point to the XML file in your custom report to re-establish the link.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <heatherh@...> wrote:

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

<p>Hello, </p><p>We have a Crystal Report that has two database connections in it. One connection is to tables and fields from a BAQ, the second connection is to an Excel spreadsheet. It doesn't happen every time but once in a while when we go to print this report a Database Login window pops up and we cannot generate the print preview. (Please see attachment.The path that is showing in the Server Name and Database fields is pointing to the Excel spreadsheet that the report is connected to.) The only way to get around this Database Login window is to close out of Epicor and re-open it. Then we can print preview the report without any problems. We have been using this report for years and we did not have this problem when we were using Vantage and CR XI but now that we have upgraded to Epicor 9.05.702 and CR2008 we are having this problem. Has anyone seen this Database Login window before? Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this window from popping up? I would appreciate any help anyone could give us. Thank you! <br></p>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
<p>Hello, </p><p>We have a Crystal Report that has two database connections in it. One connection is to tables and fields from a BAQ, the second connection is to an Excel spreadsheet. It doesn't happen every time but once in a while when we go to print this report a Database Login window pops up and we cannot generate the print preview. (Please see attachment.The path that is showing in the Server Name and Database fields is pointing to the Excel spreadsheet that the report is connected to.) The only way to get around this Database Login window is to close out of Epicor and re-open it. Then we can print preview the report without any problems. We have been using this report for years and we did not have this problem when we were using Vantage and CR XI but now that we have upgraded to Epicor 9.05.702 and CR2008 we are having this problem. Has anyone seen this Database Login window before? Does anyone have any idea how to prevent this window from popping up? I would appreciate any help anyone could give us. Thank you! <br></p>

If this is a custom report, then go into the report, verify database and save it.  Otherwise you may have to Generate XML in Epicor (if a BAQ report), then point to the XML file in your custom report to re-establish the link.

We had problems with Excel tie when two users accessed report at same time.  Is it possible that it happens when two users are bringing up report at same time?  Could you make your Excel xml or some other format?

The other thing to do is to check the Report Options in Crystal Reports and make sure that "Save Data With Report" on the Reporting Tab is not checked. We ran into that issue with a few of our reports and that solved it for us.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <nhoyt111@...> wrote: