Cross-Company Reports (RDD)

I thought id ask first, if Epicor RDD can be set to run Cross-Company? I know a BAQ Report can probably be easily set to such, but there are some reports that have alot of logic behind them so making them from scratch in a BAQ Report is a large undertaking, and if I could duplicate the RDD and just drop the Company JOINS, I assume it would run Cross-Company?

@JeffLeBert or perhaps can I create a BAQ as my starting point and then perhaps join that on RDD Tables?

What would your suggestions be if you wanted to show a Enterprise Wide View of lets say Aged Receivables Report (Avoiding possibly a DB DataSet for Direct Queries on SSRS)

I don’t think I tested this specifically. I do know that you can’t just take a “regular” RDD and add BAQs to it. That’s a feature we want to add though. The amount of logic behind some reports was the reason I pushed the whole RDD based on BAQ approach. You can combine that with the Electronic Interfaces where you can put logic “behind the report”.

Unfortunately, there is no magic button. All that logic would have to be moved. Depending on the report, this is could trivial or huge.

1 Like

I’ll do a SPIKE and see if I can make an RDD Cross-Company. I know using a direct database dataset on SSRS I can query the db directly, but if I could avoid that it would be good.

Keep pushing for more RDD + BAQ Support! I think it will be a game changer, once someone can just run a BAQ and have it behave like a Table, and mix itself with some RDD Tables.

1 Like