Cost Roll Up Screw Up

I was only pointing out that a negative QOH does wonky things to cost updates.

The WIP Recon run with a TranType filter of ADJ-CST should do the trick.

1 Like

Adjustment%20Issues(4)

Is that a part in 2 different warehouses?

Are those four trans lines for one Cost Roll-up? And what does the Mtl Unit Cost column show?

And FTR - A part using AVG cost will only create an ADJ-CST when a manual cost adj or cost roll-up is done. A part using LAST cost will create ADJ-CST every time a receipt to inventory with a different cost, happens

Does not appear to be, no.

Correction: In Part Maint, Sites, Warehouses, List it shows two warehouses, one primary the other one is obviously secondary.

so for each warehouse, you get a pair of cost adjustments. So you get 4. You have none in the second warehouse, so itā€™s 0. I think youā€™re fine.

So, if there are multiple warehouses listed in Part Maint, when we do a cost roll up, it could potentially post to both GLā€™s?

I donā€™t think the GLā€™s are connected to specific warehousesā€¦ (can someone fact check me on that?). But yes, I donā€™t think you can do an adjustment and have a specific warehouses parts go to one GL, and another to another GL. (Well, you probably can, but I think it would take some posting rules customization that I have no idea how to do)

Gotcha. And Warehouse Maint does allow for each warehouse to have its own GL Control. But still not sure why the primary warehouse did not post to the GL, even though there was quantity and costs.

1 Like

Yeah, I went and checked too. Good call.

There is a whole bunch of hierarchy that goes into GL codes. Iā€™ve never dug into it, but if you need this level of control, you should go find that and read it. Thatā€™s going to give you an idea what thing (warehouse, reason code, product group, who knows what else) has a GL tied to it thatā€™s going to trump another one. Itā€™s a huge complicated (important) game of paper rock scissors.

True! Very true! I made a list of lessons learned from this. Number 1 is ALWAYS check if there is a GL Control, what is it, and what does it do.

Back to the question, why did it not post at all? Has a positive dollar amount, positive qty. Should of posted.

Could be one of 100 things. We had GLā€™s set up incorrectly once where one GL was going into the same GL and so it ended up not going anywhere so it never posted. It could be capture hasnā€™t been run yet.

Iā€™m not going to be able to troubleshoot your system. There are too many things and a couple of screen shots here are there is like trying to watch a football game through a straw.

I wish I could help more, but I just donā€™t know enough accounting, and I donā€™t have enough info.

1 Like

Inventory Hierarchy Guide has it all.

No worries, you have been EXCELLENT help in this. I have learned a lot and am reading the accounting website you mentioned yesterday. So, all in all, I am getting everything I know that has hit to the right dept, the rest I can work on in time.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure I sound like a broken record, but the ā€œInventory / WIP Reconā€ report is your best bet. And it will show transactions that havenā€™t been posted to the GL yet (make sure to chose ā€œBothā€)

It will also detail the GL accounts to be hit

Yep! I have the ā€œBothā€ selected. Better to tell someone 4 times and have them finally listen than to only say it once and they miss it.

1 Like

THANK YOU @ckrusen @Banderson You both have been very helpful. I finally was able to pull all the parts that were caught up in the Cost Roll Up and get a lot of info on how this all works. I have learned quite a bit form this and Thank you both for working with me.

Answer to my Original question: BAQ Part Tran table. Restrict TranReference MATCHES %cost%roll%; TranDate = Cost Roll up date; and PostedToGL=Yes. This gave me the exact parts I was needing.

As to why some parts posted and others didnā€™t. Well, a few things. First could be a Zero amount; Negative running total, or If Cost Roll Up is done for Costing Method A and the Part is Costing Method B, it will not post.

This is as far I have gotten as this is as far as I need right now. In the meantime, I will be studying up on Accounting.