Cost Roll Up Screw Up

I thought your were talking about the capture. I thought that’s what you couldn’t find.

If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend the Job Costing Technical Reference Guide.

2 Likes

No worries. And I don’t have a problem with it, I am just wanting to use that running total to find all of our parts that were in the Cost Roll Up that have a negative inventory so I can go over them.

You’ll have to calculate it yourself in the BAQ.

I’ve been going over that the past few days. Although I didn’t search for my running total yet. I’ll check that out. Thanks!

This thread has BAQ’s that are pretty close to what you are looking for.

1 Like

So i pulled the Inventory/WIP report and exported it to excel. I was able to generate a list of what has hit the GL that was picked via the reason code. And I also pull all the part trans history for the exact date for every part. After comparing both list of parts, I have several that have transactions on them but did NOT post to the GL. The ones that did not seems to have AVG costing, while all the others are STD. When doing the roll up I told it to use the costing method, so I am not sure why those parts did not hit.

This is what I was talking about in the other Cost Roll-up thread. negative QOH’s don’t follow what you’d expect.

Not all of these are negative though. Some are positive.

I was only pointing out that a negative QOH does wonky things to cost updates.

The WIP Recon run with a TranType filter of ADJ-CST should do the trick.

1 Like

Adjustment%20Issues(4)

Is that a part in 2 different warehouses?

Are those four trans lines for one Cost Roll-up? And what does the Mtl Unit Cost column show?

And FTR - A part using AVG cost will only create an ADJ-CST when a manual cost adj or cost roll-up is done. A part using LAST cost will create ADJ-CST every time a receipt to inventory with a different cost, happens

Does not appear to be, no.

Correction: In Part Maint, Sites, Warehouses, List it shows two warehouses, one primary the other one is obviously secondary.

so for each warehouse, you get a pair of cost adjustments. So you get 4. You have none in the second warehouse, so it’s 0. I think you’re fine.

So, if there are multiple warehouses listed in Part Maint, when we do a cost roll up, it could potentially post to both GL’s?

I don’t think the GL’s are connected to specific warehouses… (can someone fact check me on that?). But yes, I don’t think you can do an adjustment and have a specific warehouses parts go to one GL, and another to another GL. (Well, you probably can, but I think it would take some posting rules customization that I have no idea how to do)

Gotcha. And Warehouse Maint does allow for each warehouse to have its own GL Control. But still not sure why the primary warehouse did not post to the GL, even though there was quantity and costs.

1 Like

Yeah, I went and checked too. Good call.

There is a whole bunch of hierarchy that goes into GL codes. I’ve never dug into it, but if you need this level of control, you should go find that and read it. That’s going to give you an idea what thing (warehouse, reason code, product group, who knows what else) has a GL tied to it that’s going to trump another one. It’s a huge complicated (important) game of paper rock scissors.