Copy Custom Reports

Is there a way to copy the entire custom Reports from my live to test without having to do each one, one at a time?

I use a tool called ReportSync, you should check it out. It enables you to move all the contents of a report from one server/folder to another.

4 Likes

There are two ways within ERP to move it using built in functionality. The one where you can move multiples is solution workbench.

~USING SOLUTION WORKBENCH TO EXPORT MODIFIED RDD, STYLE AND SSRS RDL (available in all E10.x):
Here is the KB for which that topic.
https://epicorcs.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0029144#

2 Likes

Guess to be more specific, I am moving this to my test VM, same method and procedure will work, correct?

@Aaron_Moreng’s or the solution I provided will both work for that use case.

1 Like

Microsoft also has PowerShell utilities for SSRS that we used to migrate reports when spinning up a new test server for 10.2 testing.

Here’s the official GitHub for them: GitHub - microsoft/ReportingServicesTools: Reporting Services Powershell Tools
And a guide I found useful to get started with the process: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/cláudio-silva/2017/07/12/ssrs-report-deployment-made-easy-700-times-faster/

2 Likes

Not able to access this file from the link.

William - Which file? If it’s on EpicCare (epicorcs.service-now.com/), you’ll have to log in first.

Is it the same login as I would for EpicWeb?

epicweb and epiccare use different credentials.

1 Like

I ended up using @Aaron_Moreng Method. It was very easy to use and will be a staple in my future upgrades.

Thanks you @aidacra for the info. I was unable to access the link, so I was unable to try your method. However, once I do get in, I will give it a shot as well.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

No problem! Glad it worked.
Please mark that response as the solution so that people can search this answer. Thanks

1 Like

If you don’t try my method I promise it won’t hurt my feelings :).

I personally, as an IT person managing my work infrastructure, use the solution that @Aaron_Moreng provided internally when I need to move more than a few RDLs from environmentA to envirionmentB and I really don’t want to log into an ERP client :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Well, then…:grin: Thanks for the honest info!

I always experience problems with the ReportSync method for custom report. It does not retain the source datasource including the datasource for the customer sub-reports with customer data source path are not maintained even when the destination data source(s) are defined with the same name and path as the source report and sub-report.

I am using ReportSync version 1.1.2.3331