Configurator Part Creation

During our migration from 10.1 to 10.2 I’ve had to do a bit of work in our biggest configurator. I’ve got it all working apart from a glitch with Part Creation.
This configurator is entered against a dummy part and changes the part number to one of eight existing parts based on config input. Works perfectly in 10.1 but if I export/import to 10.2 I see one minor difference in the Part Creation tab on Configurator Entry:

The same thing on 10.2:

I can’t find any other differences in any of the tabs, but the part number in E10.2 is being limited to only the first character of a 6-digit part number.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this read-only Smart String Structure field, or know what has impacted this change?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ryan,

I ran into a similar issue recently in a 10.2.200 to 10.2.600 upgrade and was able to resolve the issue by temporarily turning off part creation in the 10.2.600 Env then turning it back on, clearing the input field (P95_txtPartNum) then re-selecting it.

1 Like

Thanks Roger, that’s fixed the problem. I won’t ask why or how, but the important bit is our part creation works now!