Code39 Barcodes won't generate

Hello all,

I am redoing a pack slip that was previously a Crystal report and I am running into all sorts of problems generating Code39 bar codes. I’ve read lots of documentation about using dll’s to accomplish this, but is there a way to achieve this solely with a font? I’m using the same Code39 font that we previously used in the Crystal report. I have it installed on the server and client computers.

My report looks like this- I need a barcode for shipped qty:

When I generate the report in print layout, I get an unscanable code:

code2

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Alice

1 Like

Do you have an asterisk(*) at the start and end of the barcode?

2 Likes

A few things:

1. That barcode looks REALLY long for 1000.00 check the calc field and make sure you only have the fields for the qty. In CR change the font to something readable and then print preview and see what prints.
  2. Like @danbedwards make sure you have an asterisk at the start and end of the string. In the past I’ve had issues with the Epicor provided calc fields for barcodes so I have created a new one.
  3. It looks like that font is bolded. Check and see if you have the field bolded, bolded barcodes don’t scan.
2 Likes

Do I need to put it before the field, like so? Should I wrap both the * and the field in the barcode font?

code3

Thank you for your response.

You would have it all together

Thank you, it was bolded, so that’s a start. I will try your suggestion in CR.

Alice,
Sorry, no need to do that, you can do it in SSRS so you can confirm what the string contains.
When I’ve been working with barcodes I usually run a test print without the barcode font to make sure the string is what I actually want to scan and then I add the font.
My mistake, I thought you were working in CR.

I am confident that the calculated field is generating the correct quantity since it is also the field I’m using to generate the numerical quantity to the left.

code4

I assume font size would affect scan-ability but the field seems large enough. I feel like I’m really dead-ending here. And just for clarity, I want (*) before AND after the field, correct?

I appreciate your help.

The font we’re using Dataworks Bar 39.

You have to install it on your SSRS Server and then typically restart SSRS or the Server.

You may also want to format the number with two decimals instead of wide open.
="*" + FormatNumber( [Calc_DispLineShpQty],2 ) + “*”

3 Likes

Thank you!