Checkbox01 on PORel

I added Checkbox01 to the PO Release.

On the PO it has a due date but, we want our suppliers to know if we would like to get this sooner.

So, when this is checked, in the Crystal Report report for Purchase Orders, will print “Or Sooner” after the due date.

However, the buyer checks this box, it fills in the promise date on the PO Release.

I looked through all my BPM’s and Data Directives and cannot find a rule for PORel.Checkbox01.

I did a trace file when checking this box and I don’t see anything to make this behavior happen.

I am attaching the trace file.

Any help would be appreciated for this strange behavior

TraceData4432.txt (3.2 KB)

Check from customization on the PO Entry Form (Developer Mode)

I am in customizations but, Beside adding it to the form, there aren’t any rules for PORel.Checkbox01

You don’t need any BPM or Data Directive. Just bind / set the source of custom control to the Checkbox01 field.

Here’s a screen shot of the Customization window for a customization we did on the PO Entry form.

We’re on E10, so we don’t have user fields like Checkbox01, but rather added a custom field “Distribute_c” to the POHeader table.

In your case you want something like this (but whatever E9 looks like) and the field you bind to should be PORel.Checkbox01

One more thing, you may need to update the RDD (Report Data Definition) so that the Checkbox01 field is included in the data sent to the CR Run time.

The EpiBinding is correct and so is the crystal report. I just can’t find the reason - when the buyer checks the box, it fills in the promise date. No BPM’s and I can’t find it in the customization. Might just have to redo the customization.

Check if the Promise Date has been filled out on the PO Header. If so, this could be auto setting the Promise Date when the Release is created.

1 Like

This(what Brian said). Any value in the POHeader.PromiseDate is copied to a newly created line, and the PODetail.PromiseDate is copied to the PORel.PromiseDate when the Release is saved.

There doesn’t have to a be Header lever Promise Date. It can be blank, but if the Line has one entered, it will copy to the Release.

Edit: I take this back, as the Line tab doesn’t have a promise date. Only the Header and Release.

Also, the PORel.PromiseDt field is mandatory (at least in E10)
Here’s some other info on PORel.PromiseDt (also from E10)

Specifies the date on which the supplier has promised to ship this release.This date is taken from POHeader.PromiseDate. If you’re adding releases from:

• BTO or Drop Shipments, PORel.PromiseDt will take the value from OrderRel.NeedByDate.
  • Job Material , PORel.DueDate will take the value from JobMtl.ReqDate.
  • Subcontract Operations, PORel.DueDate wil take the value from JobOper.DueDate