Change to Kinetic UI after upgrading E10

Hello,

I have successfully upgraded and converted our E10.2.600.13 database to Kinetic 2021.2.10.
When I log in, everything looks like it did when we were in E10. Is there a secondary process to run to “turn on” the Kinetic UI all throughout the application?

Go to Kinetic Maintenance and enable Kinetic Forms.

Use the menu Kinetic Application Maintenance to turn it on.

Thank you both!

So I Enabled Kinetic UI for everything, logged off, logged back on, opened order entry, and it is still in classic.

RTFM - I guess if a form has a customization, it will always load classic.

Is there a message at the top that says “ try our new app” or something like that. If so click it.

When I went to a screen that has no customization it did say that.
Is there a way to change all menu items from “User Choice” to “Kinetic”?
I thinking DMT but I’m not sure how to export only the menu items that we are licensed for.

You will have to turn the user override off in kinetic maintenance.

1 Like

Thanks again!

@Vinaykamboj I am needy today lol.

How about the home screen. Where do you turn on the new version?

Select the check box for Home Page and uncheck Classic Style

image001.png

Hmmm. We are using single sign on so the user never sees this.

You should be able to set the shell in the .sysconfig.

1 Like

We do not use single sign on. I think you will have to define it in the config file. There should be more information on this here on the forum.

New User. Same issue. You shouldn’t have to fight your software to do what it is intended. I changed my sysconfig. Its still hit or miss for me whether page opens in kinetic or classic. I will be forcing everyone to the browser.

Some forms are still using Classic. Not everything has been converted to Kinetic.