Cash Receipts (Prepay)

We have a customer that’s in China. We have them set up as prepay through ACH where we apply to our sales order, and when the order ships the invoice is produced paid. Our customer service rep made a mistake and duplicated a sales order, so the payment was incorrectly received twice. The problem is when we reversed, it still shows in cash receipts and unapplied receipts …but shows reversed in applied. So it looks like we have more $ available than we do. I am not sure how to fix as Epicor tells me the cash is reversed. Thanks for any help.

For prepaid customer, I suppose you should be using Advanced Billing.
Then after the shipment, you use the money receipt from Advanced billing to pay for the shipment.

I do not know how you can duplicate a sales order and receive the payment twice… as you should be putting an unique ref for the bank transaction into the receipt.

I suggest you use the Customer Tracker to check out what has happened.

Financial Management -> Accounts Receivable -> General Operations -> Customer Tracker

Under Financial -> Payments, check out what are the ins and outs. Then you will find out what happened. Then you can find out which Cash receipt you haven’t reversed.