Can you do UOM conversion workbench via rest or other method?

Hi all,

We have a project on at the moment where we are fixing all our part UOM and conversion factors as when they were first entered many moons ago (before my time) they were never setup properly and now we are trying to automate more and look at EDI, it’s an issue. Well, about 3000 issues :weary:

We have the process down pretty good, after lots of testing and consulting with some smart folks but it very manual.

For parts that do not have any open orders (so, po etc) I want to try to automate the process. To this end I have spent the last couple of days playing around with the rest API’s in a C# console application I have thrown together and seem to have the basics figured out for the most part.

My concern is that there is one step in the process where you use UOM conversion workbench to change the IUM and I was wondering if it is even possible to automate this step? And if so, how? I don’t want to invest a ton off time into building this thing if it turns out there is a step that simply cannot be automated, via rest or any other method.

Cheers

You bet!
Just trace the network traffic in your browser with the app open. Quickly looking at it, it looks like the the PartSvc has the methods to change the IUM.

There’s not much you can’t do with the REST API.

1 Like

Ok Thanks I will continue to dig further, I was concerned as when you change the IUM with the conversion work bench it performs a bunch of checks to make sure there are no open orders or material queue entries or stock on hand etc and didn’t know if this sort of things could be triggered from REST.

Yeah so Epicor Functions will be your friend. You can trace all the methods Epicor uses to build your own function which takes care of it. Then you can call those functions using the REST API by exposing the function library to external processes.

For example, what we did was automatically fulfill orders in Epicor, creating a PackSlip, and an invoice all using functions and the REST API.

1 Like