Can you charge a credit card for a sales order that has already been shipped?

Hi,

I am in a pickle where most of my team is out for the day and I am somewhat unfamiliar with this process. In our system, the user enters the credit card info on the sales order prior to shipment, then when it ships the card is charged and the order is auto invoiced. Well some users forgot to enter the card info but shipped the order already and it has invoiced but without charging the credit card. They reopened the order after the fact and entered the card info but since it already shipped it will not charge.

Has anyone run into this before? Seems like it could be a common issue when a user forgets to enter card info before shipment. They are just needing to charge the card, what is the best way at this point? I usually just handle our SSRS and Dashboards, SQL, etc. so the nuts and bolts CC processing is a little new to me and I don’t want to mislead this user.

Epicor 10.2.700

I feel for you - I get into all sorts of trouble when people are gone.
That is handled in Financial > Cash > Gen Ops > Cash Receipt Entry.
Create a group, pick a bank account and payment method of credit card.
Then, Invoice Payment. Choose A/R Receipt tab, header tab, set Receipt Amount to amount to be charged.
Then go to the Credit Card tab and click Credit Card Order checkbox. Enter the CC info. Click the Sale button. If all is right, you will see an Approved message.
You can either post the group, or wait for the adults to return and get them to do it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick and thoughtful reply. This is great information, we have a meeting this afternoon to step through the process together and will involve someone from our accounting team to verify.

I see you can enter the invoice number under the A/R Receipt tab while entering the cash receipt:

This looks like it will accomplish what is needed as far as charging the card and also linking the charge to the invoice that was created from the shipment.

I’ll mark your answer as the solution and await our meeting this afternoon to handle it for the end user.

Thank you so much again!
-Dylan

Yes, entering the Invoice Number is really the key to get the credit card linked to the customer and the invoice. I missed that in my cut and paste from our internal document.
Good luck.

1 Like

What you pasted was more than enough to help us out-- thank you Andrew.