Can MRP Create A Job Based On Order Demand Source?

I am trying to have MRP generate two separate jobs based on the source of the demand. We have a demand of 10 from VA-MAIN and a demand from VA-OF of 20. My assumptions is MRP would create a job for 8 make to stock to VA-MAIN and another job for 18 to VA-OF. Instead it creates a job to stock for 26 to VA-MAIN. I have the option to change this to VA-OF but I want this automated and jobs separated. What am I missing? Or can MRP not do this? It looks like MRP decides which warehouse it goes to based on which one is the primary.

It looks like MRP decides which warehouse it goes to based on which one is the primary.

I vaguely recall that this is, in fact, what it does. MRP operates on the site-level. Demand within a site is aggregated. I believe the thought process is that “warehouses” within a single site are merely a collection of bins organized for your convenience. Transferring from a different warehouse is no different than transferring bin-to-bin within a warehouse.

For organizations that are geographically (or operationally) distant from each other, the idea is use multi-site. Downside is that multi-site is an extra cost and can be a PITA if it you aren’t siloed like it expects you to be.

1 Like