Can Epicor Mobile Warehouse be Tailored (aka Customized)

Does anyone know if the Epicor Mobile Warehouse solution can be customized (new screens , new functionality etc)
My gut says no, but… just wondering.

1 Like

As of now, they cannot be customized or new screens created. Expect this to be available when other Kinetic forms can be customized is what I was told by my CAM and the Mobile Warehouse rep.

Also, this is Android only at this time.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Mobile Warehouse isn’t Kinetic though… unless they changed it recently it was from the Biscit acquisition so I’m not sure that even when Kinetic is available that this will be an option.
Thanks we’ll see I supose.

1 Like

Epicor says that it is Kinetic in their release highlights for 10.2.500.

Yeah but it will not be Tailorable… (this new nomenclature is gonna be the death of me) until after 600+

2 Likes

Just starting to implement this now and had the same question…any updates to this - assume at least BPMs (method and data) will still apply…

No you still can’t customize it.

BPM do still work

Jose, is it anything like the mobile CRM where you can copy the BAQs with a certain nomenclature and then add additional fields that you would like to see?

You can add additional fields via a REALLY ugly hack (for each field you want to add you need to create 3 other UD fields in the database)

1 Like

Jose, did you ever figure out if Biscit can customize the app?

Just wondering since a lot has changed. Did you ever end up implementing the app on handhelds?

no the app can’t be customized (other tha adding UD fields and that’s painful)

We are using it (limited features) and we ended up writing our own for whatever needed to be custom,.

Writing your own app?

YEs that’s what we did/

1 Like

Ok

Can you do a trace on the Handheld to see what business objects are firing? If not, how do you figure out how to set up a BPM to prevent picking more than what has been requested?

@josecgomez sorry for necro posting and creating interest again…

2 Likes

It is possible to do REST tracing - this is what EMWW uses. However you don’t see the data only the function calls.

Thanks Richard.

I am being told that the Biscit team does do customization for $225 an hour.

I am trying to meet with them to see what they are capable of and what their experience is with the different customizations we are looking to have done. I feel like they would have done them before, that they would have experience with it and therefore wouldn’t have to work from scratch, but we will see.

In my mind the Biscit offering is a bit of stop gap until the Kinetic (Kendo) UI is working properly.

Though I think the will be in the Epicor UI purgatory for sometime more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see Richard… that is a good point, but even still, do you think the kinetic UI is going to work well with barcoding and enforcing barcoding or scan sequencing like the app does now?

I mean, if Kinteic UI is in purgatory, what are the chances that kinetic UI with barcoding and handheld settings/orientation is anywhere near done?